1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN True Hoop]Breaking Down The 4-Team Trade (Rockets)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BDswangHTX, Aug 11, 2010.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Is this gonna help for any FG in 2011, like Carmelo ..?

2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

So you wanna have 3 PG..?

3. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Exactly.

4. gta

gta Member

Lowry can defend 2's. Martin may have the size to play 3, but he can't defend 3's in the league. He can barely defend 2's FWIW. You are not asking Lowry to defend 3's, are you? ;)

5. bloop

bloop Member

Good move for Ariza. At least he'll get to start in NO.

??? Billy Gillispie wasn't in Lexington until 2007. He was at A&M when Lee was recruited to Western Kentucky

I know that the stock answer to everything negative is 1)"Pitino" or 2) "Gillispie" for UK fans but on this one ole Billy Clyde gets a pass

he wasn't good enough out of high school to play for the University of Regular Kentucky. too bad though he would have played with Chuck and Rondo if he had. Smith might still be at UK too...

6. Garner

Garner Member

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but my first thoughts were about Battier. With three SFs and only 1 SG, this type of deal was the positional move that most expected (whether that involved Bud, battier, or ariza)

However, by shipping out Ariza instead of Battier we hold on to his expiring contract to be used at the deadline or just let it come off the books along with Yao (in the event he perhaps didn't work out this coming season).

Between the two contracts, the Rockets have $25 Mil coming off the books. If you add in J.Jefferies that leaps to almost $32 Mil.

So, yes, I'm very excited about going two deep in every position and Courtney Lee as a player, but moreover the increased flexibility that Morey continues to give the Team.

Awesome.

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I was actually teasing.

Darrin Horn was at WKU when he was recruited in 04 I believe. The reason Lee ended up at WKU was likely because it was fairly close to home (he was from Southern Indiana correct?) and yes he wasn't "good enough" to take a spot from Rondo, Crawford, Bradley or Morris that season.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Perhaps Morey looks at Miami and is already thinking down the road? You can never have enough Kentucky recruiters to dangle in front of Wall and Cousins 7 years from now. :grin: