1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[espn] TO Letter (Texans mentioned)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tinman, Sep 5, 2007.

1. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Dude, get over yourself. Have a bran muffin with extra exlax. EVERYONE on this thread seems to get IT but YOU! It was sarcasm, a joke! Which pretty much embodies the largely overrated, underperforming No. 81. TO managed 1 catch for a 35 yd TD in the governors cup in a LOSS to the Texans! Congrats! Glad to see his priorities are in the correct sequence. Philly fans will love that mindset. Fantasy points then, wins! :rolleyes: Everyone knows TO's a blowhard and a buffoon and will do anything for attention. That is except for you I guess ... :p

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

cocaine is a hellva drug

3. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

eat a dick.

your responses are pointing towards the notion that I am freaking out about this. my initial response was in defense of TO because, as a cowboys fan, I see TO get hammered by ESPN almost daily. Its true that TO has definitely brought a lot of it on himself. However, I read dallascowboys.com almost daily and its hilarious when they report during the preseason that TO has been getting to practice early and working hard everyday and the one day when the coach gives him a day off ESPN reports it as TO skipping out on practice and feuding with his new coach.

another thing that makes me roll my eyes is when people pretend they are being sarcastic when they say stupid **** and get called out on it. rereading this thread it probably was all sarcasm and my sarcasm meter was off during my quick read down the thread.

TO is a wiener and everyone knows it. my tone in this thread came off as more serious than it actually was. years of texans fans sh!tting a brick in cowboys threads has taught me i am not the first to make this mistake.

cheers!

4. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

2 touchdowns today...

5. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

I'm far from a TO fan, but he made some nice plays last night and actually acted pretty classy after his TDs. He didn't even retaliate against the DB who took a cheap shot on him after his 2nd TD.
    Still, we all know TO behaves great when things are going well. The test will come when they struggle.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well, he doesnt have to worry about Romo throwing the ball to Terry Glenn.

7. Nero

Nero Member

Hmm, let's see.

1 game

3 catches

2 Touchdowns

90 yards

=

48 catches

32 TDs

only 1440 yards

So, ok, looks like his prediction may be off a bit, but his point that he will help you win your fantasy league looks to be on track..

;)

Truthfully, the guy has talent, there's no question about it.

He seems to have matured somehow this offseason, probably because he finally has coaches in Phillips and Garrett with whom he trusts and who trust him. But he still loves attention as much as ever, but at least it's reasonably pointed in harmless directions, unlike so many professional athletes these days. And he's definitely got an ego, and he's not afraid to put himself out there for what would be cascades of criticism following the 'letter' on ESPN if he failed to deliver. But he did deliver.

I agree with the poster who said that the real evaluation will come when there are struggles. Hopefully there won't be much of that, but that's why they play the games. Romo, unlike Bledsoe, knows that getting the ball to TO is going to be a good thing. But when the opponent decides to leave Witten wide open over the middle all game, and double TO no matter what, then it will take until after halftime, just as it did, when the opponent adjusted to the tight end over the middle, which opened it up for TO, and the results speak for themselves.

Just like everyone else, I cringed at all the weird and unnecessary stuff that happened last year surrounding TO. I think Parcells had a lot to do with that, and if he can keep up his choirboy act this year and still keep up the production, then maybe people will finally get off his back and stop all the knee-jerk hatin'.

8. msn

msn Member

All the talent in the world, no character.

Well, all either of us can offer is irresponsible speculation, but it would seem to me that he's containing his supidity enough to keep himself employed--in other words, it's a survival technique because he loves to play football on this level and he loves the limelight, much more so than some sudden late (very late) burst of maturity.

The fact that he's not a common criminal doesn't make him any better than what he is--a self-centered egomaniacal jackass (redundancy deliberate).

Squeeze a sponge, and what's on the inside will come out. Enough pressure on TO, and he'll show his colors.

...and the coach in Philly. And McNabb. And... And...

Well spoken. If he can keep up his act, perhaps he can manage to aid the Cowboys deep into the playoffs by virtue of his talent before the all-too-imminent destruction of the Cowboys by virtue of his character.

Knee-jerk??? I *loved* TO early in his career when he was in SF. I gave him every opportunity to recover from what he became. There is nothing "knee-jerk" about people's general disdain for Terrell Owens. He has carefully cultivated it through many years of public displays of jackassiness.

9. Precision340

Precision340 Member

LOL... Coldblooded..
    Chapelle Show is the shiet