1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]- The Untouchables, T-Mac 13th, Yao 4th

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by askball, Jul 7, 2006.

1. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Six, actually. You forgot Jerome James. They have 5 of the top 15. Crawford is #23, only because he's the most serviceable of that bunch. And Jalen Rose is not on the list because his contract, while outlandish, is almost over.

Isiah has taken it to another level.

2. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I know exactly how much Juwan makes. I'd much rather have Raef or Blount at their contracts.

My proposed trade was not meant to be exact. It's not that far off. We could throw in Deke and it's a done deal.

3. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I was wondering who Brian Scalabrine is when I saw this name on the 25 worse contracts list. Then I found out this guy averaged 2.9 pts, 1.6 rbs and 13.2 mins last season ... and he has a 4 yrs 12.4 m contract. :eek:

4. CRayman.Z

CRayman.Z Member

13. Tracy McGrady

Could you win a title with T-Mac, Yao and a bunch of role players? Absolutely. That's why he's not going anywhere.

5. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

You might want to add Ryan Bowen in there just to make it even. :rolleyes:

It's a good thing some of you guys aren't NBA GMs. But then you've got Isiah...and I'd take a thousand RealGM posters before I hired *him*, so...

6. stonegate_archer

stonegate_archer Contributing Member

Sadly true, wish there was a solution to that

7. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Tripleteam Yao as they want, Steve Novak will kill them with his 75% 3-pt average.

Disclaimer: The sample size is only 1 game. :p

8. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

What are you talking about? The salary cap implications aren't as bad as they may seem. Rafer and Juwan's contracts run for as long or longer than Francis's.
    Giving up Deke, Juwan and Rafer isn't exactly breaking the bank.

I'm not sure I follow you though. Are you suggesting that the Rockets would be getting too good of a deal?

9. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Those of you who are saying you wouldn't trade Yao for Lebron are fooling yourselves.

10. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Hey, I'm a demanding guy. :p

There's a lot to Yao's game that could use improvement. Sealing off his man, finishing with his left, holding onto the ball, position defense, transition defense, rebounding as you said, stamina etc.

Good thing for us is that he really seems to be taking the required steps to improve and get better in every facet of the game.

11. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

Pretty much right but i would put Tmac infront of elton brand,kevin garnett, and steve nash i think those guys would be sent packing if we offered tmac!

But as far as Yao is concerned he should definantly move past TD because the spurs would trade TD for Yao!

12. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

History is on my side in the debate. You are fooling yourself.

At the beginning of last season, I'd agree with you. But after foot surgery, we saw a different Yao Ming. No way I make that trade right now. I agree LeBron is the safe choice but Yao's upside is higher, IMO.

I'd take a Yao averaging 26/11 than a Lebron 30/7. The new improved Yao Ming warps basketball reality at all 5 positions on the court at all times. The reason we haven't seen it yet is cause we had such crappy shooters with Yao a triple teaming was easy. This season will be different.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he should be infront of gilbert arenas and amare as well

14. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

Im in NO way complaining about Tmac he is my favorite player and probably more fun to watch than LeBron but man could yall even imagine our team if we had LeBron instead! We would have the 2 best players in the NBA at some point and time and they would probably reach their primes around the same time! Dont kill me for this but i wonder if Lebron does not resign we could send TMAC to the cavs in a sign and trade? Just fun to think about not really serious!

15. Tuan

Tuan Member

Only if you are certain LBJ is equal or better MJ. MJ is the only guard ever not to have a dominant big man and win. You can look back at almost EVERY nba championship team, and you will find that they had a dominant big man. There are teams that had both a great center and guard (Shaq/Kobe, Wade/Shaq, Magic/Kareem etc...), there were teams that had a dominant center only, but you RARELY see a team led by a guard only and win.

16. htownballa23

htownballa23 Contributing Member

Good article, Yao Ming was at his right spot being #4. Maybe by next year move Duncan aside and take his spot.

17. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Yao will be a Houston Rocket as long as he can breathe.

18. The Hungarian Rocket

I think Crawford has a fair contract.

My list:
    1. LBJ
    2. Wade
    3. Yao
    X. Duncan

19. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

But this is slowly becoming obselete. Big men today that play center are a rare commodity and will soon disappear entirely. 7 footers are playing power forward now and have more all around games rather than the standard post moves. Plus the new rules make this a much more friendly time for guards rather than big men.

Yao could very well be one of the last true centers in the league.

20. cbb139

cbb139 Member

TMAC would've been a little higher if his back checks out. Yao is finally getting the recognition he deserves.