1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN: The Jump] "Too Hard on Harden?" and Harden Interview Airing Today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cdrive, Oct 26, 2016.

1. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Are People Hating On James Harden Too Much? - The Jump

This aired yesterday and gave a snippet of the Harden interview which will air today.

For the record I loathe Rachel Nichols, not personally, but soley based on the ESPN schtick that she does. It's click-bait, gotchya tabloid-style journalism and she is the queen of it.

TMAC has fallen right in line with the ESPN format which largely created and maintained the narrative that Harden is a no-D, flopping, selfish, boring-to-watch, fake superstar who shouldn't even be All-NBA Third Team. (nevermind how Lilliard was worse on D than Beard last year)

Ok so they rehash the 3 vine videos they have from last season, and still use the 1 where Beard was giving up a lay up to not get into foul trouble late in the game as the only potent scorer that night. They always strip away the context and therefore the truth when they rehash vine clips. But I don't want to talk about that ad nauseum again.

The problem I have is with TMAC talking about defensive effort. Okay TMAC, need we remind you this:

Also TMAC scoffed at Harden's legitimate point that he was asked to do so much last year in terms of minutes and carrying the offense. TMAC proudly says "Hey James, you want to see a load? Look at what I had to do in Orlando without Grant Hill."

Ok, TMAC, we'll oblige you since you brought it up. Let's look at your 2003-2004 season in Orlando without Grant Hill.

Hmm, I see a DRtg of 110 for TMAC. Did he get roasted to kingdom come? No Vine or Twitter or Rachel Nichols in 03-04...
    Harden last year had a DRtg of 108.

Tmac ORtg 110.
    Harden last year had a ORtg of 115.

Tmac Defensive Win Shares 0.4
    Harden Defensive Win Shares 2.6

Tmac Win Shares 8.4
    Harden Win Shares 10.6

Tmac 28p/5.5a/6r/1.4s/.6b could only play 67 games, 39.9mpg, 2,675 minutes.
    Harden 29p/7.5a/6.1r/1.7s/.6b played 82 games, 38.1 mpg, 3,125 minutes

So do be quiet, TMAC, and don't be telling Harden what his job is, and what effort on defense is. Apples to apples he did more last year, on his worst defensive year, than you ever did.

The full interview with Rachel Nichols and Harden airs today. I'm sure after the interview she'll kick it to Brian "Multiple Sauces" Windhorst and TMAC for more snarky scoffing.

#1 cdrive, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  2. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

T-Mac quit on his team many times and never led a team past the first round. This is coming from a tracy fan. He was never a good defender, he literally was walking up and down the floor that one game vs the raptors. He shouldn't comment on players that are better than him.

Some ESPN exec has a hand so far up Tracy's butt that he's using him like Kermit the frog. You looking like a Muppet right now bro. This is the same motherfcka that'll sit on our sideline and cheer for the Rockets. All the while basking in envy. He still has that ego that contributed to the destruction of his career.

#2 Crashlanded19, Oct 26, 2016
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm disappointed in myself for watching this video.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

I was about to watch. Should I not?

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wait for the full interview. This is just a snippet of Harden, then 10 minutes of TMac grating on your nerves.

DreamShook likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Seriously, pointing to one Tmac play does not excuse or even equate to the lack of defensive effort Harden CONSISTENTLY had last season. Not to mention Tmac was INJURED in that play. Sure, that one vine video when Harden was in foul trouble was taken out of context, but that doesn't remotely excuse his obvious lack of effort on the defensive end last season. Harden has the skills and ability to play decent defense. We saw it in 2014-15. Those who say Tmac was not a decent defender are out of their frickin mind. Nobody is asking Harden to be a defensive juggernaut. They're simply asking that he pay the F attention to his man.

8. 92i

92i Member

In before tinman.

cdrive likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I would watch for a preview of Harden's contrite answer to her question about last year, but TMAC and Windblows were just more of the same.

@heypartner has the right Idea: wait for the full interview.

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm tired of this narrative. It is true and we've talked about it a lot and now the media has said it a lot too. Let's get over it. That's how it's going to be, it doesn't excuse anything going forward.

11. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Tracy needs to l'eggo the ego; Brian needs to l'eggo the Eggos.

[​IMG]

12. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

People are entitled to their own opinion. Your comparing their stats for what? Tracy works for ESPN he is simply speaking his mind.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

T-Mac being the same punk ass b**** he was in the Dwight video? Good to know that PAB never changes.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Wasn't T-Mac playing baseball for the Sugarland Skeeters? Or did he quit on them too?

15. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

You know? Slowly starting to dislike McGrady.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

*Media hates on James Harden endlessly*

*Media asks if people hate on James Harden too much*

/scene

heypartner and cdrive like this.
  17. KevinMchale

KevinMchale Member

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

NBA Countdown (Jalen, Chancey and TMAC), commenting on the full interview, don't think Harden has been unfairly criticized.

Jalen points out all the money Harden has received which is strange.

The consensus is that this year there will be more weight on his shoulders kind of implying he had less weight on his shoulders in past years.

TMAC says it was blasphemous Harden didn't get ALL-NBA consideration.

Michelle Beadle not nearly as insufferable as I was expecting. She didn't talk much during the segment so that might be the reason.

#18 DreamShook, Oct 26, 2016
    Crashlanded19 likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Diarrhea coming out of their mouth. Nothing to see here.

20. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Have not watched the vid probably won't since I can only assume it is harden b****ing about the criticism he's recieved. Well if you don't want to hear it change your game. He is bad on defense and time and time again does not even give any effort. He can be selfish sometimes dribbling the air out the ball to take that step back jumper or a last second pass. And he is a flopper one of the best at it. Love the guy but he could be so much better than what he is now