1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]Texas Love Triangle

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by burnshroom, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

not buying it. I'll always assume Cuban messed up... unless Parsons becomes an all-star... then his f'up was good

2. NotChandlerParsons

Sounds like a parting snipe at Morey honestly. I'm sure they already offered him a reasonable extension.

3. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

No matter how you look at it. That is what was needed for him to get parsons. He views him as close to allstar as he could've gotten. It doesn't mess up the mavs nearly as much as it would've messed us up.

1 person likes this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

might get some heat for this one but I respect Cubans approach, he is a smart guy and is a pretty decent GM... much better than that other owner in Dallas!

6. Fantasma Negro

7. sabesque

sabesque Member

Honest question: Am I reading this incorrectly?

Is Stein saying that Fegan purposefully built the deal so that the Rockets would let Parsons go?

If that's true Parsons should just own up to the fact that he wanted out of Houston, and stop walking the "Houston promised me they would match" line. He either wanted to leave or he was completely manipulated by Fegan.

1 person likes this.
  8. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

correct.... moving along then

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Well, I only read about half of the story but somethings that stood out from what I read:

Parsons would have taken less from the Rockets refused a 2- year max deal because the Rockets wanted to hold out for Melo and Lebron. Dallas didn't offer Parsons his current deal until AFTER Melo and Lebron were off the table... What is the damn difference?

Cuban went on the radio and said that he wanted to stick it to Morey by going after Parsons. Don Nelson (GM of Mavs in case you didnt know) did interviews saying (cryptically) he didnt understand the signing. Now this story says that Cuban was NOT trying to stick to us but really wanted Parsons? OK.

I hope Parsons realizes what he did. Dallas does not value Parsons as a player. Why isnt he offended by why Cuban wanted him in the first place?

10. sabesque

sabesque Member

He (or Fegan) wanted to go to Dallas, but wants it to be on the Rockets for not resigning him.

I bet if Parsons was a UFA he would have signed with Dallas outright and Dallas wouldn't have had to include the trade kicker or the player option

11. Fantasma Negro

12. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I liked this quote from Morey the best in explaining his haters.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yes, that came out right after he signed.

14. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

here ya go

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PIdSGEhv7PU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. downbytheriver

For the life of me, I can't understand why Rockets fans are so upset about this. We got saved from giving a big contract to an average player by Cuban-- but instead of being ecstatic, people are using it as leverage because they need something to whine about. Whine, whine, whine. Parsons is not a piece on a contender, he's not even a Kyle Korver/Kapono level of consistent. He was exposed for being all talk and no walk in the playoffs because he never really had an all star ceiling.

I am ecstatic he was replaced with Ariza and can't help but think fans think he's much more valuable than he is because he's a relatable white player. Be above the influence of the media-- good riddance, let the media try to ride him on a 1st round and out team in dallas. we've got to think big picture.

1 person likes this.
  16. Play07

Play07 Member

its become a time where this doesn't matter anymore, now its about building a team that can get past the second round.

not saying parsons was they key, just saying there were other options out there instead of star chasing.

17. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Chandler Parsons: Dallas Is a Nicer, Cleaner City than Houston

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The last team to panic about Howard's impending Free Agency traded for Gibert Arenas and traded for an overpaid Turkoglu. Howard get that GM fired.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

20. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

If Parsons wanted to stay in Houston he would have taken the two year max offer or the 4 year, $48MM offer. It is pretty clear that he wanted out.