1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]Texas Love Triangle

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by burnshroom, Oct 7, 2014.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

That's what having a powerful agent does--you get reams and reams of publicity!

I didn't read the article too. Hmmm, did Daryl offer Parsons a 2-year max contract? Thinking we would get Bosh, probably.

Parsons would have accepted less money to stay in HOU? Why didn't he? That tells me Daryl's offer was not really here or there; it was conditional on getting a 3rd star, and Parsons knew it.

I hope Parsons implodes from all the expectations of a max contract. Carlisle for sure will not be giving him any free pass.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Not me.

Just makes me wonder if we're gonna throw away two seasons farting around the 6th seed area before we give Durant a chance to Bosh us.

I'd like to think no, that some other third star will appear; but Morey always seems to aim for the parking lot behind center field, when an in-the-park triple would do.

1 person likes this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That's why I'm hoping that Morey is going to start realizing that building around Howard and Harden is more feasible than building WITH Howard and Harden by getting that fabled 3rd star.

I'm not mad that he tried because he almost pulled it off this summer. But the money that he's earmarked or is trying to get to sign a 3rd star can be allocated to getting solid role players that can help this team.

4. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

This stupid article is too long to read, so I just have to stop to read after a few seconds. Why does someone spend so much time to write this meaningless paper to prove nothing? This guy just has too much time to spend on the writing, but a good thing is that at least you do not need see his big mouth on TV by reading.

5. rockets13champs

I think parsons just grew an ego problem. The hidden agendas last year was about himself having them.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well if a Triple is only the WCF then i don't care if he aims high.

We want a Championship not a 3rd round exit.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So we're just going to pretend Nasty Chuck didn't call James an entitled b****?

Like it never happened, huh? :p

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

LOL at Cuban.

Dallas even got Greg Smith. Too bad Dorsey's not playing tonight. Would have been fun to see them go at each other. We have to settle with Smith vs. Adrien.

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I think he's indeed taking the steps in the right direction. Building a team around them and addressing our problems on defense and rebounding.

What he won't give up is the flexibility to sign that 3rd star, because he does believe Howard and Harden is not enough to get to the championship.

And I agree.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Generally I agree with you. But the WC is so packed that if you assemble a team that can make the 3rd round, then it's gonna be about matchups or a "Divac-tapout-to-oh no!-Horry-for-the-three" good luck/bad luck moment to decide who gets into the NBA Playoffs.

Don't get me wrong. I'll be doing the Elaine Nardo shuffle if we land Durant in two years. But hopefully Morey will find another "third star" sooner than that, as I feel the Rockets would simply be one of however many teams standing at KD's door with their hat in their hands.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

With the cap jumping I don't think we would need to "throw away" any seasons to preserve flexibility to sign KD.

12. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lmao, the Rockets got better. You've to look past Points and Steals to see that though, so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

13. Mr Chuck Norris

How do you put Swwwy on ignore. He's been trolling all offseason

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Do you want to waste Howard's prime on chasing unattainable free agents? Current team could be a 1st round exit again for Howard, Howard could leave the rockets after two years.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

There is no way Parsons would have accepted more money. He didn't wait that long before signing a contract. He signed at the earliest possible time at midnight in a bar. He is just saying he would have taken less money because it sounds good and makes the rockets look like bad guys.

1 person likes this.
  16. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

He said he would take less money before free agent starts. My approach would be like this. Sign Parsons and Lowry each for $10-12M at the beginning, and look for a PF who can play some defense, then team would be able to pass a first round this year, then use the pick for Pelican and whoever for another upgrade.

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I really don't see the difference between Parsons and Ariza, save that one is super overpaid and worse on D every year. Ariza is a better shooter and defender (what we need) and doesn't have huge ego issues (what we don't need).

18. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

meh, agree to disagree. Most people also know that when Morey says he's going to do something (like match any contract), he does it.

19. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Nah. That's said to scare off opponents and tying their own cap. Which worked with everyone except Cuban, because he sees how Morey works.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Stein, Decent, Rockets.

3 things never exist together in any articles.