1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ESPN]Texas Love Triangle

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by burnshroom, Oct 7, 2014.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Lol why should I be mad? Morey swung for the fences and struck out. At least I can firmly believe that whenever our GM tries, he at least hits (getting Howard) or homers (trading for Harden). You're the one eager to suck at Chandler Parson's (and, indirectly, Mark Cuban's) teat any chance you get. Uptown Dallas must be your stomping ground every weekend I presume.

Back to the thread at hand: it's not bad writing but it's much ado about nothing. They got Parsons and so what? Unless he becomes an All-NBA player he is still not worth max money. As for him wanting to be here and all that fluff, whatever makes him sleep better at night I suppose.

1 person likes this.
  2. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

It's personal.

3. zyt

zyt Member

i would take the money too if i were parsons, remember harden took the 1m (?) differential to be a rocket and left a team that just battled in the finals

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not going to read a Stein puff piece on the Mavs

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I read it. Honestly it wasn't that bad. One of Stein's better pieces.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Too #SOON?

7. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

If you really believe that you're a max-worthy player, then a 2 year deal now and then a max 5 year deal down the road would have been doing Parsons a favor. It would have meant more money, AND you could have stayed in Houston, as you claim to have wanted.

However, if you don't believe you're really worth a max contract, or believe that in 2 years the NBA won't believe that you've lived up to a max contract, then taking the 4 year max offer from Dallas is the way to go. Especially if you really didn't want to stay in Houston all along, as it appeared during your last season in Houston.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Hey if this leads us to Durant, then Morey's going to have the last laugh and people saying we took a step back will be sorry

9. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

swyyyguy is one of those guys that has trouble thinking long term... :p

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

That's your prerogative.

However, the Mavs are no closer to winning the championship even with Parsons than the Rockets and that should be the ultimate goal.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

personally, not mad at all. But I'm less convinced they're better until they show it.

Also, not at *all* convinced the Rockets are worse, until they show it.

Finally, the best part of your very poor attempt at trolling:
    relish your life on ignore!

12. bmd

bmd Member

I disagree. Cuban said he knows Morey is a very logical GM who doesn't deal based on emotion.

He said that is why they structured the contract the way they did to make it "virtually untradeable". He knew Morey wouldn't match a contract like that which would greatly limit their flexibility to make future moves.

I believe him. It makes perfect sense when you know how Morey operates.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Look, if it's true that the Rockets offered him a 2 year MAX deal then I don't know how Chandler Parsons can come out and say that he's offended about this or that after the Rockets decline to match the Mavericks' offer. Even when most of us and Daryl Morey did not believe he was/is a max player, the 2 year $30 million was on the table and Parsons decided not to take it. THAT's on HIM. Don't come out and blast your former team with all this nonsense about being offended that they didn't match or offended that they didn't see you as a 3rd Star.

Parsons knew what he was doing when he got Fegan as his agent and he knew what he was doing when he signed that offer sheet. He just wants to play dumb and look like a victim.

14. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

You almost got that right: correct quote

Mark Cuban owes Chandler Parsons a ton of money.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's just laughable, but I bet Chandler loved hearing that.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

You know, him declining a 2 yr Max deal will look hilarious when he opts out of Dallas after 2 years anyway

17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

how much does he owe dirk? #slickdeal

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

no matter how many times you use that to defend CP's deal, at the end of the day he still owes the wrong person a ton of money lol

19. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dirk has been taking it in the ass for his entire career from Cuban....what's new?

What does that have to do with overpaying CP?

20. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

That KD mention gotnme excited