1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN suspends Stephen A. Smith for a week

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RV6, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Classic

Classic Member

Time for EspnW?

SAS just keeping it real

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

well the scenarios in my mind when i wrote that were domestic type situation if one of these sharkeshas or whatever they're called are coming at you with a knife/baseballbat/stilletto obviously the situation is different

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Might actually tune into ESPN this week.

#83 Uprising, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

The problem with society today is people always try to lump everyone into one thing. Of course there are some instances where women are the provocateur. Its not the majority but im sure its there. Problem is even if rays wife initiated it, ray finished it like she was a man. Just shake her next time ray, dont be putting yoyr hands on a woman like that

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Ironic statement is ironic

6. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I'm genuinely baffled that Stephen A Smith got suspended. For what? I hate Michelle Beadle man. I like how she conflated rape into this debate for...absolutely no reason at all. "I better not wear a skirt in case I might provoke something..." Where did that even come from?

You spit in someone's face, there's a decent chance they'll punch you. I don't care if you're much smaller than them. If anything, that's more of a reason not to spit in their face. I don't find guys bigger than me and decide that I can provoke them and they won't retaliate. Being female isn't an excuse not to be a rational adult human being.

7. Hmm

Hmm Member

It's clearly posed as a hypothetical question... but it's clearly being misrepresented by you for some odd, likely embarrassing personal reason... otherwise, you wouldn't be so insistent on it...

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

lol... I wasn't arguing in favor of the man...

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Been there once. Chick was swinging like I cheated on her with her mother. Good thing she didn't really know how to hit. Usually if there are friends around, they would intervene and get in between, but my friend was just watching. I must be a horrible friend if my buddy won't even help. Then I went Ali on her and evaded the punches, but still got hit in the face. Eventually I just walked off and said some mean things to her and broke it off.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Too many people are trying to set policy/action on a situation for which the only evidence is the last 10 seconds of the event. Reminds me of 12 angry men. I think it's ok to have an opinion on what happened and what should be done if something happened, but to demand action or policy change by those making the decisions who have more knowledge of the overall event is irresponsible. It angers me a bit. The Media have power, but wield it wisely, and do so with knowledge and evidence of the event.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

He clearly states that any form of violence against your loved ones is wrong...and then he continued talking about something he clearly wasnt well versed in...and got in trouble.

Using a venn-diagram, provoked domestic violence is just a very small circle in a large circle of domestic violence. This is why Beadle responded the way she did...some domestic violence may have a trigger(a provocation), but a majority of all domestic abuse is what it is...abuse.

12. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Stephen A is an annoying idiot anyway. If anyone thinks it's ok for a man to knock out a woman needs to rethink who they are. Women can get out of control, but damn.

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Pin them down and have angry sex with them? :confused:

14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Dang I have a lot of restraint and was raised that you don't put your hands on a woman but them skanks might have got the pimp hand for real

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

[​IMG]