1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN suspends Stephen A. Smith for a week

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RV6, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Hmm

Hmm Member

Perhaps you simply missed the light tone of that statement...

Just out of curiosity, however... and, excluding the act of dragging the body around post-strike... How would you react to getting seriously bitten by a woman in that most sensitive area..?

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I don't get favors from street walkers so it hasn't ever happened? Is this a common occurrence for you?

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

when you tell your kid not to touch the stove and they do it anyway you feel bad... but when they do it a second time its hard to feel bad for them. I can't feel bad for people that welcome pain into their lives, sorry if thats insensitive.

4. Bandwagoner

It isn't insensitive it is just ignorant.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

ignorant is marrying and defending the man that knocked you out and thinking it will never happen again.

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Circumstances like when a guy is dating girls of this type

[​IMG]

All one has to do is watch an episode of that show and realize not all women are the same.

Granted the greater percentage of DV cases have ZERO to do with provocation by the woman, I would wager there's a small number that do. Still this is a subject SAS shouldn't have even bothered expounding on. His words were terribly poor in wording (despite his efforts to always come across like some superb wordsmith) and the topic was on Ray Rice. He shouldn't have been general and all he needed to discuss was the suspension handed down by the NFL. He made his bed unfortunately.
    Hopefully some day ESPN will also find a reason to suspend Skip Bayless. I hope he gives them a reason to suspend or get rid of him.

Meh, ESPN can say they took action now.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

shouldn't ever strike a woman you can just 'disarm' them by grabbing their wrists

[​IMG]

these koreans seem a bit sexually charged but I hope people get what I mean

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

There's nothing wrong with what he said. People just like to twist the words to fit their agenda it's disgusting

there's nothing wrong with saying people, not just woman should watch what they do so they don't provoke unnecessary danger upon them

9. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

this

if youve never been in this situation your opinion is invalid.
    Why does a woman get the right to continue to hit you...but all a man can do is restrain her? Thats pathetic.

10. Bandwagoner

Why do you even need to restrain her? Why not just bail. I have been in this situation and I dumped her flat.

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I just walked out of the room and then she sent one of her gfs chasing after me apologising LOL

and yes ofc ended it with her

1 person likes this.
  12. Bandwagoner

Exactly. Swim move, walk to door. Not hard unless you are dating a bloater.

13. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

ive been in the situation before as well...ive walked away and ive also pushed the girl (never hit) but people have different tempers and i cant lie and say i didnt want to realllllly wanted to K.O her.

Every situation is different and any person can react different as well. Some can take it and walk away...some can take it, walk away and if they continue to get hit as they are leaving...they might throw a haymaker.

If a man where hitting you that way....would u walk away? Yea i doubt it

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'm not sure I even understand what SAS said. Dude seems like he carries around a thesaurus

15. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

But what if you got a Sharkeisha on your hands?

16. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

At no point should you ever strike a woman. I don't care if she's wailing on you, kicking you, etc. If you aren't man enough to take the beating, walk away, or simply diffuse the situation, you should be ashamed of what you lack.

I've been in a few of those situations in my past. I've either walked away, took it, or restrained her until she was calm enough to get her **** together.

I was raised in an abusive household, my entire family on both sides are all disgusting people that have at one time or another struck their own loved ones. It's disgusting. I have no respect for those pieces of **** that do it.

And at no point does provocation allow for a man to strike a woman. If you can't take her ****, leave.

1 person likes this.
  17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

are you dating ronda rousey? I've never come across a woman who could physically overpower me. You're not in serious danger if its a woman, with a man its different.

Be the bigger person.

this isnt black and white, but there are serious long term repercussions when you decide to go all Gennady Golovkin on a womans skull. Not just for her health, but your career/dealing with the law/etc.

Just walk away and leave the b**** to someone else.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't think at any point did Stephen A say provocation justifies or allows for a man to strike a woman.

I think he was talking to women about acting in a way to lessen the chance of getting hurt because there are men out there who will knock out a woman.

Not everyone is you, not everyone can show restraint, if I had a sister, I would tell her to never initiate physical violence with her significant other unless it's for self defense. Actually this philosophy is true for everyone not just women.

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Why should you be a "man" and walk away when she can't be a "lady" and keep her cool? When a woman puts herself in a mans position than she better be prepared to be treated like a man... Just because she has a vagina she is allowed to abuse you? Woman don't get to pick and choose when they are equals imo.

Now physical violence should always be a last resort in any situation with anyone male or female. but I just can't wrap my head around the idea that a pair of t*** gives you a forcefield.

20. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I think there are many circumstances where the woman could have prevented the situation from happening. If a woman cheats on a man for example that might provoke a man to slap her or even hit her. What is wrong with calling out the provocation i.e. cheating on the husband?

I see absolutely nothing wrong with stephen a smith's comments and beadle is an idiot.