1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN suspends Stephen A. Smith for a week

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RV6, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is what has been my confusion

Are we to think that Provocation is not possible?
    Are we to think that there is NO SUCH THING?

I mean if a woman starts slap on a guy . . . .. that is not considered Provoking?

What is a man suppose to do to stop a woman from slapping him around?

Rocket River

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Im with Stephen A on this one... Women tend to throw gasoline on the fire until you can't stand it anymore, hiding behind the fact that they know you would feel terrible if you laid hands on them. They will push your buttons knowing what they are doing and I don't think thats right.

Have you ever tried to tell a women to calm down? They act like you just called them the c word or something.

I don't think a man should hit a woman but I don't feel bad for women who put themselves in that situation... I don't think being born with a vagina gets you a free pass, sorry.

plus its 2014, women are equals so the idea that you shouldn't hit a woman just because they are "weaker" than men is pretty archaic... If Ronda Rousey picks a fight with a man than its fair game bruh.

3. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

David Aldridge out, Stephen A in was utterly emblematic of ESPN's fall as a quality sports analysis source. Quality out, garbage yelling and controversy in.

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

No way.

SAS is an azzhat, but he is largely correct. For some cases, the women are not entirely innocent nor do they make wise decisions (look at Beyonce's sister in the elevator attacking JayZ, which she should be thankful JayZ maintained his cool). That doesn't make the men not guilty for their actions.

His biggest problem, is he made comments when Chad Johnson got arrested that really seemed accusatory towards his wife being at fault, which may very well be the case, but it is a slippery slope when you start making accusations.

5. Hmm

Hmm Member

Give them a firm shaking...

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

And this probably helps their bottom line, as per all asshat media these days.

What always seems strange to me is a television station basically saying:

* oh you're so crazy! this is great! don't even filter yourself, just go crazy and look at the camera! (counts money in background)

then

* oh look at what you've done now. we need to slap you on the wrist! bad boy, bad! why don't you watch your mouth! think about what you're saying!

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Hey guys, if a girl goes psycho b**** on you.........leave. GTFO and don't take her phone calls.

When they are alone eating Häagen-Dazs as a 200 pound bloater with 10 cats they will "get whats coming to them".

1 person likes this.
  8. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

That would imply that ESPN was ever at any state other than the very bottom...

I cannot stand Steven A. and what he said was poorly worded and poorly timed, for sure. But...I have a real problem with these people who get all bent out of shape over something that is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things, and then try to get people fired. The internet mobs of offended people are starting to offend me.

9. Hmm

Hmm Member

I don't know... has anyone been a situation where they were being hit so terribly by a woman that their first instinct was to go with a haymaker...?

Ray Rice seemed to have gone with a knockout punch... I don't see a slap or two being enough to warrant that kind of retribution on a woman...

Now, if this involved one's family jewels and the act of biting... I can see how you'd have no other alternative... but, then one must ask themselves... did the man do anything to provoke that reaction...?

10. Bandwagoner

Everyone realizes he dragged her around like a rag doll by her hair right? That she was completely knocked out?

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOLs. The measly suspension was a joke. :eek:

Still, Stephen A. Smith shouldn't have said the words he said. Why else would he be apologizing? As a TV personality, he must choose his words carefully if he doesn't mean to say what he thinks he's saying.
    Oh yeah, like which ones? :confused:

12. Hmm

Hmm Member

I fail to see the relevance of your reply to my statement... Did you misquote...?

13. Hmm

Hmm Member

Read my post... two above yours...

14. Bandwagoner

No other alternative. There are about a million alternatives to knocking out a girl cold and dragging her around.

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

and everyone knows that she doesn't care right?

16. Bandwagoner

Yeah, she probably loves getting knocked out and dragged around by her hair. WTF was I thinking.

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

well she loves it more than being his Ex

18. Progs

Progs Member

Some feminists on twitter are mad now because it was paid suspension.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well she's still with the guy, in fact I think she married him.

What SAS said wasn't all bad. The truth is women can get away with a lot of provoking and know that it's on you to just sit there and take it.

With that said, SAS was wrong to ASSUME that she did anything to provoke the incident.

20. Bandwagoner

You know that is the same with the vast majority of battered women right?

How so? Just dump them.