1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Sources: Aldridge to start free agency with Lakers, Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kennysmith, Jun 30, 2015.

1. s3ts

s3ts Member

Just think about it... if you were a UFA, wouldn't you respect the teams you booked the time with by showing up? It's just integrity.

I have a feeling SAS has higher chance than us because we need to clear space to make it work, and I'm not sure how committed we are to doing that when we have our old players we need to keep.

2. kunene

kunene Member

Will this be 100x worse for Blazers fans with LMA signing with us than when Parsons signed with Mavs? With the battles both teams have gone through and building a respectable rivalry throughout the past few years, this must hurt Blazers fan bad if it happens. I'm sure this has to be one of the reasons LMA is reluctant about signing with Houston. He'd break a lot of hearts in Portlandia.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If thats the case How is it The Suns have now made an impression? They have just as much work to do clearing Cap as we do? I don't buy it. I think we are in this but Morey isn't making last season's mistake.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

They beat us in 6 but San Antonio swept them in round 2. Were I a Blazers fan I would hate San Antonio more.

5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I bet Houston is LMA's top choice and he's shocked by it. Think about it...if it was SA why would he waste his time visiting DOO DOO organizations before making a final decision? Being from Texas it has to be tough on LMA right now as to the obvious choice based on common sense. Something he probably didn't even plan on thinking about it right now I bet.

6. NeonTiger

NeonTiger Member

^^^

Totally agree , to be honest I think he doesn't have a relationship with any of the players on Houston , like say Josh and Dwight if he did he would of signed with Houston already , but he is a quiet star not sure who any of his buddies are in the league except maybe some ex longhorns or Wes Matthews.
    If he does sign ,Rockets gut the roster and bring in a player or two that LMA would feel comfortable with

7. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Houston seemed like the obvious choice from the get-go...

I just wonder what's going through LMA's head that makes him think otherwise or hesitate.. is it because of Harden.. or money.. or what?

8. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

It's just a big decision....lots of money, new team and new city. He deserves time to make sure the decision he's making is right. Fans and Media have no clue how crazy this process could be.

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He said he doesn't want to play third fiddle. He wants to grow with the team he's joining and probably be the main option. Supposedly got really frustrated with Lillard stealing the shine in Portland. Also Love being marginalized in Cleveland probably has him on pause. At least with the Spurs he'd be with Leonard who isn't ball dominant..he'd probably get the most offensive touches there.

10. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

This. LMA has earned this. He should get to take his time. As a fan base we shouldnt get our hopes up. If anyone gets disappointed that he signs elsewhere is just a delusional fan.

11. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Aldridge grew up in Texas, played for Texas, and splits his offseason time in his home state of Texas. It's us or Spurs.

His son lives in San Antonio. Has anyone mentioned that yet? His son and son's mother who he's separated with...

He could want to be close to his son in Tone City. He could also want to be close but not too close. UT alumni runs deep both cities. There is just no way he goes to the Suns.

This is nuts. I preached roster consistency after the WCFs. The team that whooped us and everyone else, was the same team that we owned a year previous. Roster consistency. Small tweaks.

But what's killing me is I've for many years said I'd sell the farm for LMA.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Wait, the Lakers are getting a 2nd interview?

Lol, where are all those people that kept knocking me when I repeatedly mentioned that LA is a real possibility?

A second interview basically proves my point, regardless of what happens.

13. thekad

thekad Member

You're wrong. Again.

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Actually I'd like to see LMA beat the sh^t outta Kobe altho chances of us seeing that happen via LMA going to the lakers is almost zero but it would be worth it just to see this happen

15. Outlier

Outlier Member

You're calling Woj wrong?

16. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That's an opinion that you bolded…

LMA cancelled a meeting with NY. Why wasn't he "charitable" with them?

Instead, he's going in for round two with LA. What is the point if he has no interest? Clearly, he has interest, common sense would tell you that.

17. sabesque

sabesque Member

I hope this second lakers meeting isn't like when you're at the grocery store and you pass the oreos and you're thinking "should I get some oreos? nahhhhh." but then you roll past again to see if they're on sale because you really want a reason to get some oreos.

18. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

IMO, he would be second fiddle here with a much bigger role than in Portland. Although Harden is the big star here it's apples to oranges to Lillard. Harden is an MVP candidate and much more subdued than Lillard. Look at Lillard's temper tantrum last year after he didn't make the All-Star team.

Howard is relegated to a strong inside Center role with diminished minutes in the regular season.

The Love/Cleveland argument doesn't hold much water. That's like saying marriage doesn't work if one couple can't make it happen.

We're a good fit for Aldridge. He's nuts if he goes to LA. SAS is undeniably a good place for any player but a good percentage of their team is on the decline with age and you can't expect them to be a top-tier team in the West any more.

Wow, why does LA even let Kobe speak any more? It's like that old lady who was hot 20 years ago and can't get the hint that she's a milf at best and should take what scraps she can get.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Read the post prior to his and then read his response especially the bold part.

Take it slow. Take your time. It's not that hard.