1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Source: N.Y. to let Jeremy Lin walk

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Jul 15, 2012.

1. paperstacks1980

knicks made a good decision because the money is going to go right to jeremy lins head

2. liljojo

liljojo Member

I read this post and thought "Ugh, so many uninformed rookies on this board this time of year"

But then I saw your join date.

I'm deeply disappointed.

3. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

What position was Steve Nash starting at when Marquis Daniels was playing all of this point guard?
    The next year Jason Terry and Devin Harris played the point.
    Saying Marquis Daniels was a point is like saying Scottie Pippen was a point guard. Daniels might have brought the ball up the floor from time to time, but he was 8 points, 2 boards and 2 assists per game in his rookie year into a fat contract. Lin averaged 15 and 6 last year.

May as well compare Todd MacCulloch to Jeremy Lin.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Melo just couldn't take it when Lin was Knicks franchise savior, not him.

6. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Lol! Repped. See, he has been on here over a decade and posting stuff like that. ****ing clueless I tell you.

7. yxgemini

yxgemini Member

this whole situation is a nightmare for NYK now.
    I just wanna say Morey is fiendish. He tossed a poisonous seed there and watch it grow into some monster within 24 hours. NYK is imploding now.
    Dolan furious, Lin paranoid, Melo sour, fans turning against franchise and each other, all hell break loose on press and on internet. even if the offer sheet is matched, there will be huge mistrust and feud haunting the team relationship
    for years. can you imagine if no match and Lin drop 30 and beat NYK in MSG?
    and can you imagine if matched then Melo&Lin lose first 5 games next season?

1 person likes this.
  8. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

$14M for the last year? If he can't duplicate his performance we are going to be screwed. He will be un-tradable. The people here talkin bout getting Chris Paul next year. You gone pay $14M for a backup pg? No one else is so not like we can trade him for CP3. This was a horrible move. Waaaaay overpaid.

9. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

If this scanario did happen there would be protection on the pick. :rolleyes:

10. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

$8.3m against the cap. smh

11. Ashes

Ashes Member

He has time to grow and prove himself. If he doesn't, expiring contracts aren't too difficult to move.

12. Sanity2disChaos

It's just Lin ...calm down EVERYBODY ...smh ....he has marketing potential but his game ( especially his handles and defense) needs work.good pic up but nobody is dieing to play with Lin!! He must prove himself past 1/4 of a full season to be considered relevant from just a basketball stand point ..but I'm not dissatisfied with the pick up.....dragic and lowry are better IMO ...

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

To be fair, Almu is a New Yorker. What do you expect? ;)

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Lol right! People post on here and they have no clue what they are talking about. It is ridiculous how arrogant some people are.

15. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Yeah, it's 14.X million for the Knicks in the last year if they match. FOR THE HOUSTON ROCKETS IT WILL BE the 25 MILLION DIVIDED in the 3 years. so thats 8.3 Million which isn't that bad at all.

16. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

According to my limited knowledge this is how assets are assessed. You continue making evaluations going into the summer 2013-2014 where Lin should be a full time starter & increased his stock. In year two he should be outperforming his contract ($5.35M), going into that summer he will be in the final year of a this contract. Dragic got $10M & in no way is bringing in the revenue that Lin (the $4M i see as a token of appreciation in regards to revenue upswing) will over a three year period.

So, why not project that Lin will continue to develop his skills, bring in constant revenue via various avenues (ticket sales, memorabilia, national telecast, etc.) & outplay at least the pgs of this FA class?

& i'm now seeing that there is only a $8.3M hit against the cap, if that's the case that makes the signing even more sensible.

17. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Beautiful, isn't it?

18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Sounds like an exciting plot for great basketball television if you ask me!!!!:grin: ratings will go through the roof!!!

19. Asian Sensation

Add the fact that Raymond Felton sucks a major fatty and Kidd's DWI. I'd be having a nervous breakdown too if I were a Knicks fan. Lol

20. idrockfan

idrockfan Contributing Member

The cap hit for the Rockets will be $8.3M all three years of the contract. If the Knicks match, their cap hit will be $5M, $5M, then $14M. That is why it is a poison pill contract.