1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ESPN] Source: N.Y. to let Jeremy Lin walk

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

I would like to know why you think those are empty stats? could you present some "full" stats then? I was trying to compare their production and the contracts that they were offered. I am not sure what you are trying to say by bringing up Carmelo's numbers while Lin was injured. Are you trying top compare Anthony to Lin? That was not the point of this thread. I could care less about how much Anthony averaged while Lin was out. This thread is regarding rockets getting Lin how is Melo's average and the Knicks record while Lin was injured relevant here?

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>For a guy set to make $23.5M in 2014-15, calling a 3-year, $25.1M contract "ridiculous" is the ultimate symbol of pettiness. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523NBAFreeAgency">#NBAFreeAgency</a></p>&mdash; MoiseKapenda Bower (@moisekapenda) <a href="https://twitter.com/moisekapenda/status/224560640151396353" data-datetime="2012-07-15T17:46:43+00:00">July 15, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. moreyball

moreyball Member

Don't worry ya'll. We'll be trading Lin in the offseason for CP3

4. lpbman

lpbman Member

Scoop Jackson-

"With Raymond Felton and Kidd splitting minutes 50/50, they Knicks are a 50 win team"

Paraphrased, but... LOL

5. TheresTheDagger

6. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

And in 2014, get ready to be the Bobcats. The only difference being, we want have the 2nd pick to look forward to because it will be going to the Magic.

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

FTFY ;)

8. TheresTheDagger

Aren't you a ray of sunshine.

9. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Pessimism... FTL! :(

10. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

If J.Lin is as good as K.Low these next two years it's a win (same salary), year 3 he gets paid & we have a $15M expiring contract. Not to mention the amount of revenue we will receive in sales & in tv ratings locally & nationally. Win-win situation for us, win-lose for Knicks.

My only question is, can J.Lin now play for the US Select Team? Especially with Kyrie Irving out with the fracture.

11. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

I know it wouldn't be Dwight's fault, he hasn't given us any assurance he would re-sign, and could simply say "I told you so". However if he not only leaves 30mil on the table, but completely spurns the team that gave up a good amount of assets to get him, he's a bigger POS than I thought. At the very least we should get a decent sign and trade deal for him. And i was under the impression we couldn't/wouldn't give up our own future picks.

12. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

This is a good fit if D'Antonio was coaching here. But he is not.

But, I guess bringing back the Matt Maloney clone is a good move by the genius. :rolleyes:

13. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

Lin hit the lotto and the Rockets were his winning ticket. This is pathetic.

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Melo to Y! on Lin:"Its up to ownership to match, not me.I'm tired of people trying to blame me for the fact that the Knicks might not match"</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/224598477617905664" data-datetime="2012-07-15T20:17:04+00:00">July 15, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You guys need to stop blaming Melo for the Knicks not matching.....

the ego on Carmelo is enormous. Everything is about him. I doubt anyone on Earth blames him.

15. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Yup...the Knicks are gigglin and enjoying the fact that they jacked up the price by saying that they would match it to a billion dollars.

Morey bit. And now, he will be probably stuck with Matt Maloney II.

Nice.

How smart is our GM again? MIT or something like that? Does that stand for Maybe Its Time...to find a real job?

They are probably saying "SUCKEEEEEERRRRRZZZZZZ" :mad:

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

We can't trade our own 2014 1st round pick because our 2013 1st round pick is owed to the grizzlies contingent on it not being a lottery pick.

17. Possum

Possum Member

JESUS CHRIST!!!!! :mad: SERIOUSLY????? Thats not how it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Possum

Possum Member

Thats what you get out of this situation? That's the conclusion you have come to? You have to be sofa king we todd ed. Seriously, you are being sarcastic right?

19. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

well-served :grin:

20. NickKent

NickKent Member