1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Source: N.Y. to let Jeremy Lin walk

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Jul 15, 2012.

1. O_rox2045

O_rox2045 New Member

I am of the belief that Lin could be a great contract to trade come the trade deadline with the hopes of getting another star
    To put next to Dwight. It will atleast keep us in contention till the trade deadline and hopefully Lin can show that last year was legit. That's just my take. Just another movable contract and attractive if he pans out to possibly land CP3 in a trade if he decides not to resign with the clips.

2. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

His natural position is a 2/3. He's not suited to be a PG at all. If you look at the overall position he's played over his career, he's been a 2/3.

Calling him a PG cause he played it for a bit of a season is not at all accurate when you look at his career overall.

3. cocoloco

cocoloco Member

lin will be an automatic allstar due to the asian votes. that is what houston needs. rockets need publicity and a player to represent for the allstar game htown is hosting. who else is going to get voted in unless we get dwight howard. lincredible.

4. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

wtf? are they matching or not???

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

They have 3 days to match(or decline). Calm down.

6. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

Why all the Lin hate on here ?
    Lin as starter (25 games)
    18.5 pts 7.6 assists per game
    Goran Dragic as starter ( 28 games)
    18.1 pts 8.8 assists per game.
    The sample sizes on both these players are not that big.
    These stats are at least comparable, and the contract that Rockets gave to Lin was about the same as the one they had offered to Dragic. Its not like they offered Lin a max contract. Only problem with Lin is his high turnovers . His scoring went down quite a bit after Carmelo came back , but that is to be understood because Carmelo is a pos ball hog that jacks up a bunch of shots. All in all it is a decent contract for Jeremy Lin and I believe production wise he will be comparable to Dragic as well. If the rockets dont get Howard then Lin might actually post better numbers than Dragic.

7. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Get ready for Linsanity and Dwightmare Houston,time for takeoff.

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

If Knicks don't match,that shows they don't know how to value Lin's market value. On the other hand, with so many years having Yao on the team, les and the rockets have built significant inroads into China. Three year is a good investment for Les to have The Chinese market warm up to the rockets again.

9. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Oh yeah and let's forget Knicks finished 18-6(they would be top 3 seed with that kind of record) and Melo averaged 29 points on 49% shooting when Lin was injured. Stats doesn't even matter. Those are empty stats.

10. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Lin and asik will be matched

11. VanityHalfBlack

Notice how Sigmund is on every Lin thread, who are you fooling
    His youtube user name is: Filipinos4Islanders

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Debating what position he is now completely misses the point.

Daniels' future/potential at the PG position with the Mavs played a part in Cuban's decision to let Nash leave for the Suns. Not the sole reason, as they wanted to free up future money for a big man. I can't believe people have forgotten all of this. Too much kool aid over Cuban being a great owner because the Mavs won a championship despite his meddling?

13. tomtom22

tomtom22 Member

You don't like him but you seem be all over his dick. Why is that 3ft tall flip? I seen your youtube channel. You seem to hate Asian and Chinese. Why because insecure flip is too short for the NBA or because your national team keep getting raped by Korea, japan, And mostly China?

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

But Lin doesn't want to be there it seems.

15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Assuming the Knicks match Lin, what the heck are they plan on doing with at least 4 PG's? Lin,Kidd,Felton,Prigioni. There's Shumpert as well (although a combo guard).

Lin,Kidd, and Felton would all want starters minutes.

Well, this will all be settled late tuesday night and if we get Lin, awesome, since we don't have any PG's who can start and Would put us back in the NBA map. If Lin gets matched and heads back to NY, it could still be a blessing in disguise since we would always use the extra cap room to make a run at CP3 in 2013.

16. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

He missed 17 games with the injury (22 if you count the playoffs), how is it possible for the Knicks to go 18-6 during that time??? Dude, stop pulling things outta your rear end. Honestly, the way you show up and just cluster**** every thread on point guards is just pathetic. I even think Dragic is a better player than Lin. All you do is derail every thread with this stupidity.

17. teebone21

teebone21 Member

why do people think chris paul will come to a non contending team like houston instead of signing for more with extension in LA

18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I pleasantly disagree...the same with Yao Ming. You are talking about players who are and were cross cultural phenomenons. As far as Yao Ming, name one center outside of Shaq who deserved to start over him in all-star game for the Western Conference, yet Yao was easily the winner in most US ballots for center.

Sort of like Tebowmania, everyone was wrapped up into Linsanity.

19. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I've been looking at this all day because I never thought Lin was coming here and now it seems like he is. The Knicks had so little faith in Lin that they were willing to deal their sole young talent (besides Lin) to get Nash. If they had gotten him, what was going to happen to Jeremy? Would they have matched the original reported offer that was $19m guaranteed? doubtful. I don't think the Woodson coaching staff ever believed in him and was always planning to replace him. You'd think they would have at least offered him a contract if they really believed in him. You have to remember that Woodson is the same guy who thought the corpse of Mike Bibby was a better option than Jeff Teague when he was in Atlanta.

I'm down that we lost two good point guards (both played better than Lin IMO) who seemingly flourished in McHale's system, but Lin's a very good talent with a high ceiling also so if this goes through, then I'm pretty happy about it. It's pretty obvious to me that the Knicks coaches never really bought into Linsanity and much like John Fox and Elway in Denver are more than happy to move the media circus to somewhere else, regardless of the talent.

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

So Mr. 50% body fat, aka as Car-****-lo calling out the rox regarding a ridiculous contract? Like he is a stranger to ridiculous contracts