1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Should the Texans consider Mike Wallace?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mgraye2969, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

We don't need to spend that much money on a WR. We need to keep Foster and if possible, Mario. Draft some WR, maybe look at some other FA WRs. Wallace, while it would be amazing to have him, is going to be too much.

2. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I think Jean will shake some heads next year, he won't have a Victor Cruz crazy season but I think he'll show some good things. Really been forgotten around here, but, I liked him at Florida Atlantic.

3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Mike Wallace is 25, is going to be 26 when the season starts, I dont see why people says he is not young.
    I definitely would trade Wallace for the 1st rd pick, we would have already an NFL-proven WR, and he could be the next #1 WR.

I love Mario Williams, but I would trade him for Wallace and a 5th rd pick.
    Steelers are getting rid of defensive players, (Aaron Smith, James Farrior). so maybe they would want Mario.

draft a WR in the 2nd round, restructure deal with walter and cut jacoby.

4. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Why would you trade Mario Williams for Mike Wallace and then draft ANOTHER wide receiver in the 2nd round? Seems redundant. Plus you would be trading away too much for Wallace IMO.

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Agreed, but I wouldn't draft a WR in 2nd round. But yea, I'd do that without hesitation. Wallace & Dre = too much shine

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I agree, I think the Texans have to get a WR in the 1st round.

7. 45souf

45souf Member

The kid from GT Hill, ran a 4.30 forty..6 foot 4...That right there is reason to keep the pick.....

8. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

He would be a great pick. Stephen Hill is his name and he averaged 29.5 yards a catch last year.

9. 45souf

45souf Member

as much as it would be epic to have wallace and andre, Hill could be the next wallace...
    :grin:

10. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

Wallace with a more upside, plus we could draft a Joe Adams or another WR in the 3rd round and we have all we need at the WR spot.

11. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

*I meant to put Hill could be Wallace with more upside.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Why does he have more upside? Because GT only threw the ball 8 times a month?

13. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I would do this if we have the cap space. I think Mario will be gone as well. Reeds has taken over his spot and performed damn well at a hell of a cheaper price. This is a business, if you can get almost equal talent at an 1/8 of the price you do it instantly.

Priorities are keeping Foster (he is also a fantastic receiver out of the backfield) Myers and Brisiel. I think Lester Jean will be a pretty significant boost next season. He is very fast and can be our lateral WR with AJ. I would cut Jacoby and Walters. I like Walters because of his great run blocking but we have 2-3 TE that can do that easily.

Our offense has not been a problem in since Schaub and Kubiak have been here. Now that our defense is top 3 in the league, we need a legit 1-2 WR threat and that will open up our running game even more. We will be SB favorites if we land Wallace or anyone of the like.

14. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

no because hes taller than andre and runs faster.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Taller and runs faster! LOLZ!

I would love Mike Wallace. Unfortunately he doesn't just come at the cost of a pick, he costs a pretty hefty contract.

16. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So is Usain Bolt...

18. Wreckinball

Wreckinball New Member

Mike Wallace would be good , but he would cost a lil too much even with Mario Gone , which it looks like is gonna happen. I would go after Meachem or Early Doucet for this system. All we need is a good receiver who could stretch the field and we in the SuperBowl. Since We signed Arian ....we are probably gonna Franchise Myers and we might have to let Briesel go....But Myers is Crucial to O-Line Play....which is one of the Best O-Lines in the League

19. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

i agree, spending all that $ on wallace means we gonna lose either mario or myers. I'd scout the heck outta Hill or Wright and take a chance on either one. Shoot, I'm really hoping Michael Floyd will drop to us, but that's just a wishful thinking.

20. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I hear Kyle Williams may be looking for a new home this offseason.