1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Shaq rips Kobe

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AGBee, Jun 19, 2004.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

shaq is about to take over the league lik he did a couple of years ago, this seson is gonna be over before it starts. shaqs been waiting for 2-3 years to show he can win a ring without kobe and now is his time to do it and i bet he does.

2. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Yeah, remember last year when Lakers lost NBA titles and we all agree Shaq wound get motivated and keep in shape before new season started.

Guess what? It didn't happen.

3. vunny1408

vunny1408 Contributing Member

I agree that next season, with Shaq on a new team..he will again dominate the league. He took at back seat to Malone , Payton & Bryant this year and saw his scoring average drop to 20+ppg. However, he picked up his pace in the playoffs & finals.

A motivated Shaq? I bet he'll come back with vengeance next season to average better than 25+ppg. He'll be MDE once again, turn a crappy team around and make another Penny & Kobe wannabe into a super star.

4. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Actually Shaq was in shape earlier this season but with his aggravated injuries he had to take that time off and gained some weight back.

5. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Shaq maybe in decline, but he still has at least 3-4 good years left, which is eternality in NBA. The playoff clearly shows. No team except Houston could stop/slow down Shaq.

Dallas could be immedidate contenders with Shaq in the middle. Everybody in that team can simply shoot (except Walker). Cuban got a big wallet for Shaq's fat contract demands. But I doubt it Lakers will ever trade Shaq to a western conference team.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I hate anyone who rips his teammates or coach in public, no matter how true it is. Kobe is guilty on this too.

BTW, since Shaq refuses to cut his pay, he will end up with a team of scrubs. He has no desire to win anymore. All he wants is a team who is willing to pay his asking price.

7. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Well we don't know of Shaq will take a salary cut to goto another team. He knows if he taks a salary cut what happens to the money, it goes straight to Kobe.

Personally I would't be surprised to see Shaq re-structure for another team but he won't do it for LA because he knows if he lowers his comp for $23-30M/year the next 2 yearts to $18 that all that money goes straight to Kobe.

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

No desire to win?! In the Finals he led the Lakers in ppg, rpg and fg% while still not getting the ball as much as he should have. Shaq wanted to win more than any guy not named Malone or Payton.

9. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

Not really surprised...Kobe seems like a sensitive type but he pretty much lost them the series...he had HORRENDOUS shot selection and I was just surprised at his play...it was like he had never been in the Finals before...

10. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I'm not sure what you mean by "restructure". The CBA forbids Shaq to lower the amount of money he makes in any one year. Notice I said makes and not takes. He can agree to push his income out into the future but that does not alter his contract's cap hit.

11. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I keep checking back with this thread to read Kobe's response. Please Kobe, be consistant and whine.

12. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

let me tell you guys the kind of person shaq is from first hand experience.

one of my fathers friends is a carpenter/artist. he makes statures and works like that out of spoons, forks and knives and it looks really cool. keep in mind this guy does not have a whole lot of money. anyways, i guess shaq saw some of his work and was like thats pretty cool, so he hires my dads friend, for about $10,000, to make a lifesize "superman shaq" figure. they both agree on this, and my dads friends sets to work on it.

after like three months of working on it, of dropping all other projects and working on it, it's finally done, and shaq goes "i think you should just give it to me. youll get so much publicity after people know that i have bought a statue from you that you will make a lot more money, so i dont think i have to pay you". my fathers friend, of course was like "i just worked my damn ass off for three months for you because you were going to pay me $10,000 now give me my money". shaq just shrugged, said he didnt want it then and walked off. this guy cannot afford a lawyer or anything to sue, so he just lost three months of his life and a boatload of money. he doesnt have a lot of money, and shaq is making $27 million a year. its disgusting.

moral of the story: shaq is a big, fat, jerkoff *******.

13. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Wow, so my impression of Shaq is right: a fat prick !

Should have known this when he balted to LA....

:eek:

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I just don't want a lazy player on the Rockets.

And Shaq fits the bill.

For the record...I don't want Kobe either.

DD

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't want that fat lazy ass.

Seriously, wasn't he faking an injury early in the season because he thinks the regular season doesn't count, it's the playoffs that do.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

so you saw the whole Shrugging off conversation?

interesting

this is about the 1st time something like this came out about shaq
    not saying u lying. . . just that this is the 1st real negative
    jerky thing
    i gotten about shaq

Rocket River

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Shaq was doing a motion capture shoot with one of my lead animators on NBA Jam.

My guy bet he could not make 6 out of 10 Free throws while they were moving the camera.

Shaq only made 3, and then refused to pay the $40 bet.

DD

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I'll pay 50 bucks for the life sized shaq sculpture.

Ah, why don't you just give it to me. I'll tell everyone where I got it from and the publicity will pay itself off.

19. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

exactly.

dada, it's not suprising that i hear that. i just cant believe a guy with so much money is so stingy with cash. and such an ass as well. ever since he pulled that stunt with my dad's friend, i cringe everytime someone says 'it's hard to hate shaq'. it's very, very easy to, since he's a big prick.

20. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

WEll there was that story reported on in the media about him pinning that woman to a wall after she rebufed his flirtations at Disneyland. It was well reported & I saw/heard/read it in mutlitple media sources.