1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Says Houston & Dallas Could Go After LeBron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nodstonothing, May 17, 2010.

1. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

Sorry if this has already been posted but didn't see it. ESPN reports that if Cleveland considers doing a sign and trade for LeBron, Houston and Dallas would be in the mix.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5194376

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I didn't listen to the entire clip but the guy just mentioned that Houston and Dallas are among the teams looking to do sign-and-trades, in general.

He was just making the point that if Cleveland ends up doing a S&T, it expands the possible list of suitors beyond just teams with cap space to take on a max contract.

There really isn't much to this piece of news.

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I would trade all the picks including this years pick + anyone else not name Yao for Lebron.

4. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I have this fantasy where we sign & trade for both LeBron and Bosh. I wonder if it would be possible to sign & trade Scola, Chuck Hayes, and Jordan Hill for Bosh, then trade Kevin Martin, Battier, and our lotto pick for a re-signed LeBron.

PG: Brooks / Lowry
    SG: James / Taylor
    SF: Ariza / Budinger
    PF: Bosh / Jeffries
    C: Yao / Andersen

That leaves you thin up front, but I figure you can get some good size for the MLE, like maybe Brad Miller or Jermaine O'Neal.

5. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I believe the rockets have the best assets to trade to the Cavs, this might actually happen...also Lebron might get more love from China if he does make the move...

6. Raven

Raven Member

I seriously hope the Rockets don't let some nice deals slip through their fingers, because they're off chasing rainbows.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They need to rename espn to
    LYCRN (Lebron yankees cowboys red sox network)

1 person likes this.
  8. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

LeBron + Yao equal guranteed Championship. It's not just about putting us in the elite level...it's GURANTEED CHAMPIONSHIP PERIOD!! No team Lebron go to will guranteed Championship except Houston.

Now i am not saying the team he go to will not win Championship...but it is THE BEST most easier route to Championship with Yao dominate the league's inside game.

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Morey, being the evil genius he is, would almost certainly make a call to measure interest but just can't see Lebron wanting to play in H-town. From the Cavs perspective, IMO, they would love to deal with Houston with assets like Kmart, Ariza, Hill, Budinger and possibly high draft picks being in play.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

If there was any possibility of LeBron coming to Houston I'm sure Morey will and has explored it. As so with Wade, Stoudemire, Bosh, etc.

Anything we've even sniffed they've snorted.

This summer will be boats n hoes loads of fun. :grin:

[​IMG]

11. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

Especially one that would end at the crotch of the Cleveland’s GM. :grin:

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Oh, well if ESPN says it... :p

13. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

You forgot Favre...gotta throw that F in there somewhere

14. thino

thino Contributing Member

we do have the best assets in the NBA. that would be something nice to think about. plus morey is a G

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

ESPN simply mentioned it because it makes sense.

16. Zfan

Zfan Member

Could go after Lebron is not news. If espn finds a team not interested in Lebron, that is big news.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

All this means is that the Rockets are looking to do a S&T this off-season. It would be a mistake not to at least place a call to Cleveland, and see what's up. Ultimately, it's up to LeBron where he wants to go. Every team in the NBA would welcome him with open arms, and do whatever it takes to get him.

18. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

i seriously hope the Rockets don't let great deals slip through their fingers, because they're off being mundane.

19. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Lol, yep!

20. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

May I ask why you wouldn't trade a injury prone center for arguably the best player in the NBA?