1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Rumors] "Landry's Future: Will His Contract Get Dealt?"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by infinitidoug, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Just to clarify the above. The blame should be mostly placed on Aldeman, going back to David Andersen. I think there is some evidence that Morey much prefers two-way players while Aldeman puts a premium on guys who are fairly good offensively. Neverthless, Morey is the GM, and if he doesn't put his foot down, then he must share some of the blame.

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

EDIT EDIT EDIT

3. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I say no thanks. Loved him when he was here but Jordan Hill can give us similar production with size, Chuck Hayes is by far a better defender and Scola>>>> Landry all around at the 4. He is a great teammate and I wish him well. I think he has a place in this league and is a legit starter. Just not for our team.

4. mortiki85

mortiki85 Member

HA...Pat Riley just gave you that WTF Stare!!!

5. Sanity2disChaos

WHAT are you smokeing!! :eek: ......Hill is not better than Landry .....period.The guy lead to team in 4th quarter points scored OFF THE BENCH when he was here!!! What are you talking about,he would be a vast upgrade over hill. I dont see them trading hill anyways but playing Hill with Landry if they so choose to get him......IT IS WRITTEN.

6. mortiki85

mortiki85 Member

I would love to have Landry back, he does some dirty work, plays real well in the system and takes care of a big issue we don't have...a closer. We could always rely on Landry to get baskets when we were in a shooting slump, and to close out games...send away Jeffries.

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Not saying Hill is better right now but if you look at their numbers...they're remarkably close. Landry being the better scorer is only averaging 5 more ppg in about 10 more min of play. Rebounding is even and again Landry is playing 10 more mpg and defensively Hill is already better even with his defensive lapses. Landry has regressed badly, so you'd be banking on a change of scenery would energize him again but even then Jordan is probably the better longer term solution.

8. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

Morey's job is to get players and we have too many one way players.

How does Morey prefer two-way players while he was picking up so damn many one way players?

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

No solid evidence, just speculation, but I think it is a pretty good assumption that players such as Brad Miller and David Andersen were Aldeman's choices. There was an interview to a radio station posted recently where Morey was said to prefer two-way players.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/7339718.html

11. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

You are a misguided soul. But I think you are mostly harmless.