1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Espn: Royce White ready to walk away

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by evo8lover, Nov 16, 2012.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This time, it's not just you.

2. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

He's making $1.6 mil/year. If I was making that much in my early 20s, I would do everything and anything to either get the anxiety fixed or lessen its effects to the point I can travel with the team. He's a professional now.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think it's a preview, so they didnt want to give new info.

How long before Royce dukes it out with ESPN via Twitter?

4. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I think people and even the rockets organization are showing him plenty of sympathy. It's just the way he's been handling things is well... like a 21 year old. Royce comes out as someone that believes what he thinks or believe in is absolutely correct and anyone who believes otherwise shall be thrown under the bus. Like what he did to the very team that drafted him.

5. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Ok the entire fixing part Is correct, he should at least be trying to help it.

6. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

C'mon man, this board was perfectly happy with the pick when it was made and now everyone knew better. :rolleyes: There's a reason he was available and it was a shot worth taking.

Maybe it doesn't pan out but certainly when you have 3 first round draft picks it affords you the opportunity to take that risk.

8. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

I hope he don't come to the Toyota center with a trenchcoat

9. jocar

jocar Member

I think he wants to use his own psychologist, not the guy from Baylor. Monday's meeting with Morey will establish this, and he'll be back. You all will eat crow.

(heard directly from the father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate of Broussards inside source)

2 people like this.
  10. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Yeah I'm not getting "I'm willing to quit" out of anything in the video or the article.

The Rockets have enough issues to reconcile with White without ESPN sensationalizing this.

11. allanivan

allanivan Member

I think it was Mcfail's fault due to his relationship to the head coach of Iowa State. Remember in that documentary film of Royce White, during the draft, everyone in the rockets draft room was against using 16th pick on him and Mcfail was the only one who wanted to draft him. It makes me hate Mcfail even more....:grin:

12. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

How will he get there?

13. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

he thought this was just a college basketball. what a loser.

14. monster

monster Member

"everyone will know I stood up for what's right"????? Nobody will remember him 1 month after he quits. I've lost interest and will never cheer for this egomaniac. Can we please find. His replacement ASAP?

15. tofu--

tofu-- Member

There's only one answer:

THE MAGIC SCHOOL BUS BABY!

[​IMG]

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'm on a boat

1 person likes this.
  17. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

What if Royce turns out to be the next Charles Barkley? Maybe a little rough patch at first but a big reward coming for the future of this franchise. You never know.

18. allanivan

allanivan Member

My question is that what the league will do with this situation if Royce do walk away. As least give the rockets some sort of help in terms of future picks or cash.... this is so sad. Man~

19. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

How the hell you propose he get over there? The team boat?

20. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Hate him because he wanted to draft someone with potential? It's not his fault that White is willing to quit on this team. No one thought he would be like that so cut it out with this irrational hatred towards McHale.