1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Espn: Royce White ready to walk away

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by evo8lover, Nov 16, 2012.

1. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Last Thing: This is not about FLYING, travel plan is solid. This is about setting PROTOCOL and a willingness 2 become educated. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23AllProgress">#AllProgress</a></p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/269850776870989824" data-datetime="2012-11-17T17:13:33+00:00">November 17, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

He has anxiety not Schizophrenia. Everyone gets anxiety at some point. Everyone. I am not saying that anxiety cannot be troubling to live with but he is not the first basketball player to go through it and it is not slowing down the rest of his life. He has been on Twitter 24/7 for about 3 days non stop talking and it was like listening to a broken record. All the while he is letting people know about his record label. Excuse me??? You don't have time for practice but you have time to sit on Twitter (a PUBLIC forum) and argue with people and promote yourself??? That is inexcusable behavior and a 21 year old kid needs to hear it from the community around him.

For him to say its the Rockets Organizations fault that he can't attend practice and games infuriates me since he is clearly not holed up in a psych ward somewhere. He is at home on his Twitter account blowing it up so I say F him!

3. daernoth

daernoth Member

I think Royce is the only person that understands what this "PROTOCOL" he is talking about is.

Since when do players get to tell their employers what "PROTOCOL" should be used to interact with them?

I would love to know what his own personal doctor has advised him to do in recent talks.

4. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

This kid isn't worth the trouble. Sick of hearing about his problems. Cut him today.

5. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Ok Royce, Go prove yourself in the D League bc you are going to be fined under the team's "protocol"...and we aren't going to just trade you Royce, you haven't proven yourself as a "commodity" remember, you are just making all the teams that passed on you, and almost drafted you, Royce, had the Rockets, not be thankful....Face it Royce, seems to be blaming his issues on others...which is another illness in it's own right....
    Like I have said before I know a big donor/s of Iowa St. I know it is a family like place, espesh in the sports world there...this is a professional world...and it is cut throat business ...Royce please just shut up, and do what you need to do to get better...If you don't like playing basketball, then quit, and try, and make money doing something else, but judging from Royce's character he prob. won't like that either.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

he's not any trouble atm other than to himself, he's not even with the team to be an issue

7. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Chris Mannix: HOU has a rep as one of the most player-friendly organizations in the league and from everything I'm told, Rox have been good to Royce White

I am sure someone will make this into a thread but this is the most interesting tweet so far. I see it so often on clutchfans that Morey makes his players feel like assets and it discourages players from coming to Houston.

Not that this tweet closes any cases on the league's perception of Houston's relationship with its players or anything; but, it is interesting to see Mannix say that. I don't follow Mannix or anything. Is he a solid source or a respectable one?

8. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Royce has an annoying habit of making broad, generalized rhetoric that sounds like something that could make sense if said by Hitler or MLK. It's stupid and means nothing.

9. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Mannix is a pretty reliable journalist -- he would know.

10. just a word

just a word Member

I wonder if it's the Greenland/Iceland syndrome going on. ie. Iceland is actually warmer and far greener than Greenland (which is mostly glacier) partly because the Icelanders wish to discourage people from piling into Iceland. ;)