1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Rockets will not match Grizzlies offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BALLhog 247 365, Jul 23, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Panda

Panda Member

I wouldn't blame Les if if he doesn't wanna pay 4 mils to Posey, which accounts for 8 mils a year as a result of luxury tax. Les is already paying over 10 mils a year for the two head coaches, Rudy and JVG. It's business. People are in it to make a profit.

2. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

i think all the talk is premature right now. I'm waiting to hear what Mark Berman says first. It would honestly be hard for me to believe the rockets wouldn't match a contract that is 3 million a year. I would be surprised.

Panda - one quick thought... if posey get's 3 to 4 million, in actuallity the team would be paying 6 to 8 million this year but it's only temporary because Rice's 9 million comes off the books next year which would put the rockets back into a safe zone.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Shoicked, disappointed. Angry.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Obviously not because the player I saw shot 41% percent from the field and got so lit up by Matt Harpring that they had to put Cat on him the next game.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The player I watched played tough D, ran the court, showed good hoops sense.

6. rockbox

Posey takes dumber shots than Cat does. Atleast Cat's shots go in and Posey is an average man defender at best. He gets steals because of the long arms and he plays the passing lanes and everyone thinks he's a great defender. However, he gets lit up when he as to cover someone straight up.

7. 1aggie02

1aggie02 Member

Who cares about money? I want to see the rockets win! It seems the Rockets are making no effort to improve their roster. Its not the same as a few years ago when Houston was considered the premier destination for players. Now it is not even a stop on the journey. Management cannot sit back and expect time to improve the team. They need to start moving people, NOW!

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

4 years, $24 MIL!!!!

No way. Hes not worth $6 mil per.

9. wink2moochie

wink2moochie Member

i think it has to do with skin color, ever notice how CD and Les favor giving the white people a shot rather than proven afro-americans. I E cassel, harrington and such passed over for Zan Tabak and Maloney/Price, and now Posey for Nachbar. Who agrees with me?

10. BALLhog 247 365

:confused:

ur kidding right?

11. BALLhog 247 365

dude, what about the very high contracts to moochie, cato, and moT?

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Berman said that poseys agent says the Griz offer is 4yr 24 mil...berman doesnt sound very hopefull the Rox will be able to match for cap purposes...:(

13. codell

codell Contributing Member

I don't expect the Rockets to quite honestly. Posey is a nice asset at $3-$5 mil max. $6 mil per is just way out of whack.

Congrats Memphis.

14. rockbox

First the Mike Miller trade and now this? West must be going senile.

15. lalala902102001

First of all, if the Grizz's offer for Posey is really around 3.2 mil, the Rockets would be absolutely stupid not to match. On the other hand, if the offer is in the 5 mil + range, I can understand if the team chooses not to match. Posey is a decent wing player, but he is not worth that kind of money. I think it's too early to start calling this offseason a disaster, we need to wait and see. For all we know, the Rockets haven't got the official offer sheet yet. The management may have other plans as well. However, you have to admit that it's probably time that we have to pay for the mistakes we made by giving MoT, Moochie, etc. those fat contracts.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Hillboy, I really like your posts; I feel like I am reading my own thoughts. I decided at the end of last season, as for me, the current Rocket's lineup is simply "unwatchable." I look to sports for stress relief, not stress. I have decided that if they make no changes in personnel, I will not follow this team for 04. No tickets, no t-shirts, no "League Pass." And you know what, we are not alone, not by a long shot. JVG in good but he is not a miracle worker. But I will wait and see.

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I just agreed with that in batman's thread...I like Posey, but not for 6mil per...

Was good having ya Posey...see ya around..

18. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

According to Fox26: The offer is 4 years, $24 million total. See you later JPO!

19. wink2moochie

wink2moochie Member

i am not kidding i am serious, I think its a matter of race and stupidity. Maloney, Price, Tabak, Chillcutt, Bullard,Collier and Langhi...all of these are busts and were selected for our team based on pure Paleness while better players were availible. Like Horry and Cassell coulda stayd, so could harrington and not to mention draft pics that woulda improved us alot. oh and plus money....three over payed black people are better than a scub white guy overpayed and over confided

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Horry and Cassell brought two not so pale men and one pale fellow. Harrington brought a not so pale one.

Mistakes due to race? I wish the answer were that quantifyable. Judgment of talent paled which is the issue, not paleness of pigment.