1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Rockets to evaluate GM Daryl Morey, interim coach J.B. Bickerstaff after season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Apr 9, 2016.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Exactly!!

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah I mean kick the guy who brought in Howard, Harden, Capela, Ariza, Bev, Scola, Lowry etc.all without tanking or a high draft pick. Is that the CF logic you want? The irony here is you aparently hate losing but want the only GM in the NBA who was able to build a decent roster without tanking fired. Other GMs havent done what Houston has been able to do which is build a decent team without losing year after year. When posters like you talk you act like the Rox have been losers the entire 10 years Morey's been here, wasnt it just last year the Rox reached the WCF? Remember that? Now you want to fire Morey for essentially trading for Ty Lawson, a move that everyone liked and approved if in the offseason.

I agree Morey shouldnt be held on a pedestal, but he should be given some time to correct mistakes he made, especially since he also put the Rockets in a good position to rebound even when he went all in this year. We miss the playoffs, get a lottery pick, space to sign 2 max players and still have James Harden. My god, what a mess Morey has made :rolleyes:

3. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Straw man more. I want him gone for a multitude of reasons, none of which involve Ty Lawson. Chemistry isn't a focus nor is defense. Getting a lottery pick is a good thing? If I told you these things 8 months ago would you be as excited?

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

People that are paid to see it coming would be lying if they said they saw it coming as well.

5. Vienna Calling

Did we underperform this season? Yeah, sure, but not by nearly as much as some people in here think.

The Warriors, Spurs, Thunder and Clippers are just flat out much better teams than us this year. The Grizzlies, when healthy, are better as well.

We just don't have the talent to hang with these teams. Honestly, ask your yourselves, who is our 2nd best option on offense? Dwight in low-post? A Beverley step-back? Ariza spotting up? Brewer driving to the basket? Motiejunas in the low-post? I could go on, but you get the point. The offensive talent is just so limited on this team. Look at the firepower the other teams have. Our 2nd best option currently is probably Beasley, a guy who played in China a couple of weeks ago...this really should make you think. This team is just not talented enough.

6. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I seen this coming since post ASB 2015 and even warned fans in preseason

7. Omer

Omer Member

Offense hasn't been an issue for us all season we are among the leaders in PPG. The issue is our defense is trash when we have supposedly good defenders on the roster.

8. Chamillionaire

Morey gets another year. JBs gotta go. Get Thibs here.

9. Chamillionaire

We have 1 good passer. James. We have nothing but streaky shooters. How many good passers on GS and SAS. The league's changed. We're way behind as far as talent goes. This team is just terrible. So surprised we overachieved last year.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we overachieved THIS year. :rolleyes:

11. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

Offense isn't the problem. We're ranked #5 in points. It's defense defense defense.

12. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

They should evaluate everyone, keep Morey with the premise that he hires a real coach. One that will bench Harden for 5 minutes every time he has another Shaqtin Fools defensive moment.

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

You ignored the context. Not saying Portland was just a fluke. Just saying if someone was to claim Houston was undeserved last year with the clippers victory over the spurs a lucky bounce and our victory over the clippers a result because of it, same could be said about the Portland series. And I definitely disagree with you in that I believe Houston would have definitely won Game 7 if there was one. Our problem that series was we started it horribly. We would have had the momentum, the home court and would have been the better team in Game 7

14. PhiSlammaJamma

Morey's results should lead to a very positive evaluation.

JB's results are that he could not ( in one year ) do anything more. But you would have to admit that he has not had a chance to implement anything. Which is what a summer gives him. So that is tough. A fair evaluation probably gives him one off season to correct things.

So ultimately, I don't see how evaluations will help. This is going to come down to an

1) change for change sake, an emotional decision ( as we saw with McHale )
    2) a desire to match GM and Coach ( I don't see this as a problem )
    3) a better/favorite option ( which has not yet been identified )

1 person likes this.
  15. opticon

opticon Member

If Morey does not get a buy out, there will at least be some new blood infused in to the front office.

Rockets have lost a lot of front office talent through the years but not have done much to replace it accepts the re-hiring of Rosa.

Les is fast to act. He is not going to evaluate the last 10 year period and just decide to keep things the same in the front office.

Something will change in the front office and I am not even talking about the coach.

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

hinkie resigned. we can bring him back. we still have rosas.

i think morey may have to give up some controlling power over the coaching if he wants to cool his seat.

17. hakeemthagreat

I hear ppl say this, but what exactly is our offensive efficiency? We score points but we also have alot of possessions

18. Bleek

Bleek Rookie

Its hard to put blame on everyone, when in life, there is minor problems in everyone. But you have to focus on what makes you, it, successful, and who is willing to pull loads to make things better. Thats how the game works.

Ive seen it so much in everything. You cant just blame everything on Morey, or Coach JB. Coach says the team is not doing what is needed, and he probably knows what is wrong. I think that the team in general, all got good contracts, and wanted to just coast this season, there was no heart in the game. They could care less win or lose, i mean it spell it out in there team effort. The lineup looks really good, just didnt want to really be there this year... not like this hasnt been seen before lol

19. Raven

Raven Member

If you make a list of Morey's 5 biggest mistakes and compare them to his 5 best moves, it's not even close. The good outweighs the bad by a mile.

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

But who's the person that hires the coach? Who hired McHales and JBB?