1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Rockets spend two days trying to instill confidence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JeffB, Nov 23, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

jacking up 3s.

2. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I think their confidence and shooting would come around if they just played harder.

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I thought opponents were packing the paint against us. Sooner or later, we need to hit our 3s, our lay-ups, our midrange shots, etc.

With our guys, if they see the shots going in, they try harder on defense. Here's hoping we get a string of good wins and get our swag back.

4. Fantasma Negro

Luke Walton come on down LoL. Honestly as soon as Harden comes out of this slump and Ty gets a feel for the offense we're going kick a lot of ass. I've never been worried about this team. If this was happening in January I'd be concerned

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The worse they shot, the more they should've tried harder in other areas. Defense and hustle plays

6. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

Me to.

7. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

Beautifully said. Everyone of those suggestions is exactly what they need. Tom Thibideaux comes to mind as coach.

8. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

Confidence!!

Confidence? Confidence. How on earth did you manage to get into the league without confidence. I think this rockets team is basically looking for excuses now because they just haven't been able to figure this terrible start to the season out. It's obvious now that Kevin M. wasn't the problem. I hope Daryl Morey is right about Khloe K., and that he thinks she's not a factor. I just beg to differ. That family is always a factor when it comes to any pro athlete. I'm a big rockets fan and I really hope they get things turned around.

9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

That, and if James Harden stops fooling around with Khloe and stop acting like a celebrity and focus on basketball and be a leader. Same goes with Dwight, and the whole team needs to work together as a team. Something the Warriors are doing now and the reason they are succeeding.

10. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets G James Harden says he will be more focused on encouraging teammates

Quote:

With the Rockets determined to rebuild confidence as a way to regain their shooting touch, Rockets guard James Harden said he has made a point to be more encouraging, especially lately.

“That’s my job, every single day to encourage to make sure everybody is in good spirits whether you’re playing good or bad,” Harden said. “The positive energy feeds off and that’s how we grow as a team.

“We’re not winning games, but I think these last couple of days, the energy has been good. We’ve been playing much harder now. We got to get our in-game stuff, coverages defensively, we got to get those right. But the effort is there and I like where our head has been at.”

:grin:

1 person likes this.
  11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

[​IMG]

barely?

1 person likes this.
  12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

clap clap

1 person likes this.
  13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

THATS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING! PLAY HARDER!

[​IMG]

14. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

If it makes anyone feel any better, the 07-08 team (22 game win streak season), the Rockets were 9-8 at the end of November, were 15-16 at the end of December, finished out January at 25-20, and then went one the 22 game win streak and finished the season 55-27.

Highly doubt another 22 game win streak happens, but that team also got off to a slow start. If they can close out the last 4 games of month, going 3-1 (8-10 record), have a strong December with a soft schedule (12-4), starting out the NY, they're 20-16 going into the new year. Starting January, they're going to have to string together multiple, long winning streaks and avoiding more than a 2 game losing streak to start looking like a playoff team.

I BELIEVE!!! (sort of..)

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

THATS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING! PLAY HARDER!
    all that playbook stuff and running around screens and passing it to dwight is nonsense! there's no need for that
    just keep chucking those threes. eventually one of them will go in
    like morey says, its better to shoot 50 threes and make 5, then shoot 50 twos and make half

[​IMG]

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's not like there isn't precedence for the Rockets to get off to bad starts and then turn it on later in the season. The 2004-05 team began the year 6-11 and then finished on a 45-20 run. You mentioned the 2007-08 which went from I think 10th place to 1st after that Lakers win capped off the 22 game winning streak. And they held on to get home court in Round 1 vs Utah(although without Yao, they lost again to the Jazz).

The problem is this year's team has been so dreadful on both the offensive and defensive end that I don't know if they have that kind of turnaround in them. The 2004-05 team needed a few trades and T-Mac to assert himself before taking off, but the defensive foundation had already been set thanks to Van Gundy. The 2007-08 team needed to get accustomed to Adelman's offensive system and was also boosted by a very easy January and February schedule. This year's Rockets are currently playing the soft part of the schedule and are squandering all of the games that should be easy wins. I ain't holding out much hope that when the opponents get tougher and they have to go out on the road that a team this bad on both ends of the floor will suddenly flip the switch and play much better.

#96 count_dough-ku, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Can Harden lose ten pounds in three days?

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Im not even sure I know what the hell this means. They are "instilling confidence"... What the F do I care about your confidence. How about trying on defense. Not throwing the ball in the stands. Hitting shots. You know... f-ing basketball. I could give two sh#%'s about your confidence to hit shots. I care about your actual ability to hit shots, play defense, and not turn the ball over.

The Rockets have already lost even the most loyal fans this year. Creating puff pieces like this to try and sell us that you care is so disingenuous and insults us as a knowledgeable fan base. Just give a s#%% and we will appreciate you guys more, and maybe start showing up to games again.

1 person likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I cant believe we've fallen so far back we've resorted to tearing everything down in practice and rebuilding it from the ground up. Shooting drills are the emphasis of an article.... sweet.

20. Nook

Nook Member

The players don't want to practice defense, that isn't fun.... they want to run up and down the court shooting uncontested threes.