1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Rockets spend two days trying to instill confidence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JeffB, Nov 23, 2015.

1. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Looks like instead of changing any philosophy or looking for easier shots, they just want to shoot their way out of this **** :(

2. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Maybe Luther Head can come give some kind of motivational speech or something.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'd rather Brewer just not shoot 3s because he doesn't have the skill to make them

4. Nook

Nook Member

They want to do whatever is easy, places blame elsewhere and buys them more excuses.

5. basketballholic

Hey, now we're talking. While you're at it, why don't we bring back Rafer to clank some tear drops and Juwan Howard to knock all the orange paint off the rim with a bunch of pukey line drive 17 footers? Those guys would fit right in with this team. Especially flat-footed snow shoes Juwan who couldn't jump over a piece of paper and could only shuffle from one end to the other.

6. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

If Harden really wanted this to happen, it should've happened already.

7. adagio75

adagio75 Member

Bruh ! Gimme a break !

Confidence ??? In Pro ballers? We not talkin bout a young rebuilding team here, we are talking about a team core full of vets ! We are wayyyyy passed confidence here. We are also wayyyy passed shooting slumps. A shooter slump i've heard of, but a team shooting slump at the same damn time lmao !:rolleyes:

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This.
    Sounds like he's going the play harder approach. Play with confidence clap clap and still shoot 3's. This whole organization is delusional.

What about using a playbook?? Lets sacrifice a chicken so we can shoot better.

9. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

It's just silly that every fan can see that the 3 and layup philosophy is obviously not working. Yet the stubborn management staff won't give up on it. They keep making excuses, oh it's confidence, everyone goes through it, we're getting open shots, rules of averages will catch up.....Whatever man.

10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Does he really think shooting more 3's is the key to win? Fire him immediately.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Like I said before, firing Mchale does nothing. This was a 3 headed monster of Morey, Mchale , and Harden. We chopped 1 head off buy it grew another 1, Bickerstaff.

1 person likes this.
  12. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

Confidence? We talking about confidence?

It's hard for me to believe that they do this for a living and lack confidence. Quit being b****es.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yep. I usually don't read any articles. I cant read past 3 sentences. But lately I've been reading to find out what's going on with this team and it's ugly. The Morey interviews are sickening, pissening, it's revolting.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Come on
    Confidence is important and yes its not for granted even for pros. However compared to the no.1 issue they should be working as a TEAM in practices shooting is down that list. They could practice shooting individually not like a team :rolleyes:. Is bickerstaff THAT certain of his teams defence not to make it the absolute priority? We are bottom 3 team in defence. We suck. If we dont practice defence now that we got so many days free when we will? When we lose another 5 games?

15. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, he doesn't. He is running their plays at closer to game speed. The key quote is, "So we've built in practice kinda game-speed system shots". This is not just a shoot around. He thinks more of the right kind of practice shots will help.

The implication is that they were not doing this before. JB has stepped up the speed and maybe the intensity of practice to simulate game conditions.

I know folks are angry and frustrated with the team, but some of the conclusions people are jumping to around the word "confidence" are hilarious. Even if you think practicing threes is a dumb idea from this team, their is still a tiny bit of meanings the article that relate to how the team practices.

16. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1. The article doesn't state the team isn't practicing defense.

2. The article implies they are practicing shots that "game speed system shots", whatever that means. It could mean they are practicing shots out of sets or they are focusing onshore that they tend to get in their sets. One thing it does mean is that they are moving at closer to game speed in practice, which they weren't before.

"I think these two days helped us a lot," Harden said. "Just had to get a good practice and run through our offensive sets for some pace and some speed and go get the shots we're going to be getting in the game. So when those shots come in the game we're comfortable enough to shoot them. We're passing up a lot of opportunities to make tougher shots. These two days are helping us a lot."

#56 JeffB, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  17. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Harden's a diva.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Or maybe he is just rusty and missing shots he usually makes.

19. basketballholic

[​IMG]

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Maybe he forgot he came into last season in mid-season form because of Team USA. Different this year.