1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Rockets not trading Dwight, planning all-out Durant pursuit this summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Ns575

Ns575 Member

If KD signs with the Warriors not only will I quit watching the NBA for quite some time, I'd also be compelled to call Durant a quitter because thats an automatic title by the end of every season for the next 3-4 years. He has the capability of joining a team and FIGHTING for a title, not have it handed to him. I'd rather fight for the title. Much more rewarding

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

hmm conflicting reports

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Daryl being Daryl
    [​IMG]

4. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

This is getting interesting.... very interesting.

Sounds like Morey is trying to deal him but he's not desperate to do so.

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Why not? What if he says he will come if they let Dwight walk? Is that the biggest reason people say Durant won't come? Because he supposedly hates Dwight?

Or is it because we suck right now? Well so did Miami before they got LeBron and Wade. I think we have a bigger chance at Durant than most teams other than OKC, and GS and Washington.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think you can sell Durant on Harden and the rest of the Rockets...you are going to need an ACTUAL coach though...

That should be the Rockets first priority, getting a coach that can actually get this team prepared to play basketball and not pick up AAU ball.

7. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I'm cool with us trying to go for Durant but our terrible season has compromised that. I personally think he signs up for one more year with OKC.

But we have to hope that his bond with Harden, Lawson, and the lure of this city and state will have an effect on him. Otherwise, I would pursue Horford or even Conley.

8. malakas

malakas Member

oh ok better than most teams.. so we have better chance than Toronto Charlotte and Minnesotta?
    Good!! Since they have ZERO CHANCE and we have almost zero.

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Harden and Durants game fit better than Durant and Westbrook imo.

It comes down to this

JH/KD/DH

Or

RW/KD/Ibaka

I think it's a no brainer which one is betted but I know a lot of you won't agree.

Factor in Houston is a bigger market more money as a franchise 6th highst valued team in the league and it should be easier to spend the extra money to field a talented team here than okc long term.

I think JH and DM have to know somthing that we don't. In fact I'm sure they do that's why there doing nothing right now.

At the end of The day he's either staying in okc going to GS or Hou.

That's it no other team has a shot I think we can all agree on that.

KD wants to win and the only teams offering him a chance to play with 2 other top tier players is the Warriors or the Rockets.

He's not going to Washington he's not going to the lakers or Knicks that click bait

It's OKC/GS/HOU

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I just don't see him coming here but at least he is friends with Harden. Do wats you gots to do Maorei!!!!

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

I just don't get the pipedream crowd. This is the same thing that happened before we got Dwight. Just be a little optimistic for once. Durant and Harden are super close, that's got to count for something and people act like Houston is some dump town.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is what Morey has to not do.

He can't let other great FAs pass him up for Durant.

Like, really...if you just add Horford or Conley to this team you have a loaded team ALREADY.

I wish this team understood the biggest issue of this team is its lack of coaching, leadership, and direction.

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think we have a very realistic shot at KD.

If the argument is why would he come here because we've under performed. Then why the heck would he go to Washington? They suck don't have 2 stars and are not going to make the playoffs with a losing record to boot.

The wiz have never won 50 games in the wall era and they count to much on KD being lebron and wanting to go home which if you have followed KD over the years would know he's nothing like lebron.

Lebron went back to clev to win but also run the show and make money. Lebron does as he likes in clev and once he declines the cavs are going to be one big mess with all the bad contracts they have.

But hey their lining lebrons pockets with cash with every move they make lol

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight kd james harden and tylawson is a scary f'in team.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's a little different in that for Dwight it was a no brainer to come to Houston. With KD the case isn't quite so slam dunk. Getting a max deal in Houston and being able to play with Harden for the rest of your prime is a pretty sweet deal compared to staying in OKC and playing with Westbrook for one more season.

The big issue is a potential Warriors courtship. The Rockets can't compare to a Warriors offer.

16. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

It would probably be better for Durant's brand if he guides a mediocre Houston team to the title as the "missing piece", as opposed to gravy-training his way to a title on a Golden State team that has already won back to back titles without him. Plus, in Houston he would be Batman; in G.S. he would be Robin.

17. malakas

malakas Member

sure it does. 0.1% chance. Better than 0% chance.
    And Durant is as good friend with Ibaka and Westbrook.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure that's the case and there's no chance Westbrook stays past next season so it won't be a factor. Houston has a lot more to offer KD than OKC does so if it comes down to OKC or Houston, he'll be here for sure.....but there will be many more suitors.

19. OTMax

OTMax Member

Morey and Leslie star chasing again..get some good role players who can shoot threes and defend + a coach first..

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Ya it is.

I don't understand why so many ppl think we have absolutely no shot at him.

Him and harden are tight. Like best friend tight.

When KD left team USA the first person he called was harden before anyone. They have that kind of relationship.

KD was watching harden play in the Drew leavue for christs sake. I mean they are buddy buddy as it gets.

Every Allstar since harden came to Houston Kd and JH are always sitting next to each other watching the events. Westbrook is no were to be found or anyone else for that matter.

I think these two have great chemistry on and off the court and is going to lead Durant to houston.

Also why wouldn't Durant want howard imon the team. You don't have to like him but he's got to know that having dwight down low to get rebounds blks and lobs is a nice luxury.