1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Rockets not trading Dwight, planning all-out Durant pursuit this summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Feb 3, 2016.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

They're not doing anything this season. OKC doesn't play defense.

2. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I think they're at least in the top half in the league, borderline top 10 by most metrics.

3. malakas

malakas Member

Their problem is they dont' play team ball. Other than that I agree with Nick that their supporting cast is better than the Rockets. And Payne is gonna explode by next season.

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I get sick of Presti not being held accountable for the Harden debacle. It's my understanding Presti could have just amnestied Perkins and kept Harden. If that's true, Presti is an idiot.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Durant despises Howard for some reason. Once taunted him from the bench screaming p*ssy at Howard without provocation.

6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Durant is not coming here I get sick of seeing articles and watching this board get excited for no reason. Durant is on a better team now I just don't get why anyone thinks he would come to this dysfunction down here.

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

at this point, i only see KD going to GSW.. he just wants to win a chip, doesn't matter how he wins it. He wanna be like Lebron.

8. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Again with this myth. Lebron teamed up with two superstars to make a decent team great. Durant would be piggybacking a historically good team to a championship. Not the same thing, and I find it really hard to believe that any star in the NBA would do that.

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Signing Dwight at even 20 mil is wack ....enormous downside risk/cap hit/lack of flexibility to get an impact player or rebuild..locked in. Yes, he saves it up and impacts the playoffs, but his health makes him a ticking bomb.

This is just us saying... "That's not enough, we'll just keep him" which means "Up the ante if you want him."

1 person likes this.
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

There's a reliable insider on Sac's RealGM board who verifies we had offered Dwight for Rudy and Koufas. Maybe we knew they'd say no, but I think Morey has a good idea Dwight wants money we're not ready to give.

1 person likes this.
  11. OTMax

OTMax Member

The board would've exploded and that's just nonsense.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Let's just say I'll believe we offered Dwight for Rudy Gay and Kosta Koufos when I see it...

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Can't say we would've kept the players, or that the deal was even serious.

Not that you'll see it, because clearly it won't happen anyway.

Sorry I brought it up.

14. BackdoorHarden

IT was the cheaper OWNERS that didn't want to pay luxury tax. They didn't have to choice between players, they could have gone over the cap and sign Harden and pay the luxury tax. They choice not paying LUXURY TAX. They offered $70 millions to Harden, Harden said no thanks, I want $80 millions.

15. basketballholic

Presti did as good as could be expected with the Harden trade given the criteria handed to him by his owner. Steven Adams is no slouch. Don't know what's going to come of Mitch McGary. (He needs to be traded to blossom.) And they've still go the 2016 second rounder to fool with. And they used their cap space.

Presti is a quality NBA GM. Top 7 easily.

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

Bernie is here tonight, scouting for the Cavs.

I'm tellin you guys....Dwight and Ariza for Love

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yes please.

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

No he didn't. He didn't even get what NO sent for Jrue. He also could have waited till the following summer to trade him.

19. Tadow

Tadow Member

man our defense would suck if that happened.

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

LOOOOLLLL @ Ariza. Dwight alone is worth more than freaking Love p***y.