1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Rockets are doing anything & everything to move Brooks or Delfino

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This amazing post has been criminally ignored.

1 person likes this.
  2. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

It's not about love for someone, it's about team to win.
    It doesn't mean not to love a player if the team trade out him.
    If u don't accept this, u shouldn't love the NBA games

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Delfino was a key contributor during the season, and in the playoffs, although by then his injury was clearly limiting him. AB definitely had a positive impact during the playoff series with the Thunder, when Jeremy was hurt and couldn't play. I watched game 5 again last night, and Brooks was a welcome addition on the court. Very effective. Even his D wasn't too bad. I wish we could end up keeping both of them, but that seems highly unlikey. We'll probably lose both. If so, I wish them well.

4. DaveInTheCave

DaveInTheCave Member

I think a deal with the Clips is going to be Morey's fall-back plan. It makes too much sense to the Clippers- they add two vets with a smooth stroke and raise the possibilities that Dwight leaves LA. The Rockets would get what, maybe a 2nd round pick and an expiring contract?

Best case scenario IMO is a trade with Boston that sends T-Rob & AB (and maybe a 2nd) for the #16 pick. Brooks can help out next season while Rondo recovers and Boston can see if T-Rob is worth anything. Rockets draft Adetokoubo and keep him overseas for a year or two and use the cap room to sign Dwight.

The Rockets keep the core together and get insurance on Parsons. If he gets offered a ridiculous contract when his expires, the Rockets can simply choose to bring over Adetokoubo. If they decide to re-sign Parsons, Adetokoubo can be traded easily next season.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'm a big fan of Delfino. Actually pretty sad to see him as one of the ones being sacrificed.

....we better get Dwight.

6. basketballholic

Clips are a primary target. They've got Hill's deal that they could add along with a couple more non-guaranteed deals.

But don't forget Minnesota, Cleveland, Boston, Atlanta, and Portland too.

Remember if we can turn TRob, Brooks, and Delfino into $10 million or more in non-guaranteed contracts then we have a chance to sign and trade for Dwight.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If the Rockets don't get Dwight I doubt they trade Robinson for the #16 pick, that's not really value in a weak draft. Your basically trading the #4 pick in a much stronger draft for the #16 pick in a weaker draft.

The best move would be to hang onto your assets in case another star demands a trade or start looking for other places to go. Maybe make a bandaid vet signing or two but keep your flexibility.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

any ways read your post wrong, thought you meant fall back plan for getting Dwight.

Still, moving up to #16 means a rookie you have to pay more. I think Giannis is not staying in Europe any longer either.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The idea is to draft a Euro stash. Morey has no intention of bringing anybody over on a rookie scale guaranteed contract.

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Unrelated note: I'll continue to point out that Houston F Carlos Delfino is a very interesting name for the GSWs as July arrives.</p>&mdash; Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) <a href="https://twitter.com/timkawakami/statuses/349577707878744064">June 25, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Houston apparently will decline its $3M option on Delfino this season. He'll be a free agent. Undefined market for him. Keep watch.</p>&mdash; Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) <a href="https://twitter.com/timkawakami/statuses/349578186692104195">June 25, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Posts like this just doesn't resonate on Clutchfans unless Lin is the subject.

12. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Giannis was playing Greek Division 2. He's probably not even ready for DLeague.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

The Golden State Warriors Are Reporting To Have An Interest With Carlos Delfino
    Jun 25th, 2013 at 10:47 pm by Richard HuangNBA

According to Tim Kawakimi’s twitter, the Golden State Warriors have reported an interest with former Houston Rockets sharpshooter Carlos Delfino. Carlos Delfino, Aaron Brooks and Francisco Garcia were all reported to have been released into free agency by the Houston Rockets to free up capspace for superstars such as Dwight Howard, even though I criticize the lack of insurance on Howard after a lackluster season with the Los Angeles Lakers. However, there is no doubt that the Golden State Warriors may be have great benefit to having Carlos Delfino work off their bench behind someone like Klay Thompson when the Warriors need someone to score off the bench.
    With Delfino last year, the Houston Rockets were able to become the #1 scoring team of the NBA, break a 3-point scoring record and tie a 3-point scoring record against the Golden State Warriors- oh the irony! He was a great role player in addition to players such as Marcus Morris and James Anderson. Will we be seeing the Golden State Warriors implementing a similar strategy against the Houston Rockets next year?
    He contributed 10.6 points per game for the Rockets, but when needed contributed 15-20 points per game, shooting 37.5% from 3, his current second career highest. He made key 3 pointers in games such as that of the NBA Playoffs against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
    He is a decent ball thief. There was a key game against the Miami Heat, where he harassed Ray Allen’s ball possessions. Last year, he also had a career high 85.7% from the free throw line.

http://spacecityscoop.com/2013/06/2...edium=Network&utm_campaign=Around the Network

14. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Second round picks in this draft look even more appealing. Draft is loaded with no starts but 35-40 guys who could all have a great role off the bench.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rockets, I'm told, still exploring trades for Aaron Brooks and/or Carlos Delfino that must be consummated today to avoid releasing them</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/351363873506459649">June 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rockets, though, acknowledge chances of finding deal involving Brooks or Delfino by day's end are slim and thus MUST waive both if no trade</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/351364651285614592">June 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Fully guaranteed if not waived today: Paul Pierce, Rodney Stuckey, Carlos Delfino, Aaron Brooks, Chandler Parsons, Jason Smith, ETwaun Moore</p>&mdash; Mark Deeks (@MarkDeeksNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkDeeksNBA/statuses/351370561013813248">June 30, 2013</a></blockquote>

#115 J.R., Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  16. ebu

ebu Member

I understand brooks going with 4 point guards, but delfino? nooooooo

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Damn. Hate to see Delfino go. Would hate even more to see what kind of noise he might make w/ Steph & Klay.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

No more delfineo :(

19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I think the Rockets need his 3 million dollar salary off the books in order to sign Dwight Howard.

20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Delfino was definitely one of my daughter's and my favorite players last year. He brought a vet presence, versatility and a sweet stroke off the bench. I hated when we played him at PF, but Carlos gave it his all.

With his injury, its hard to know when and how well he'll play. It makes sense to trade him or let him go. If we can get a 2nd great. If we have to let him go, there is a chance that his value will be lower (injury) and that we may be able to bring him back at a lower salary number. He seemed to really enjoy playing with us and may give us a discount if he can compete for a championship with this team and D12.

In either case, we really enjoyed watching him play this year and will remember Del3no contributions to the Rockets.