1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Rockets Among Teams Interested In Nash

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nodstonothing, May 18, 2009.

1. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

WE WANT NASH!

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

fixed :cool:

3. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

Nash is OLD news

4. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

mistake

i do this trade in a second...we are in a win NOW mode...yao only has 3 or 4 good years left..if that....brooks is still a few years away from being a top pg...we don't have time to wait...Nash would make us a championship contender for the next few years....if you wait on brooks geting good, Yao will be on the decline....we need a veteran PG who can run the offense...knock down open 3's and throw an entry pass...nash can do all of this...
    and I'll take Shaq as a backup center if we can make it happen...this might be asking too much but its the offseason and i'm bored so i can dream can't i?..

#684 dreammvp, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
  5. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

DM deserves GM of decade if he gets Nash and we keep brooks and mcgrady and yao and ron artest, lol!! Heck, if we keep brooks and yao he deserves it, lol!!

6. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

awesome!

7. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Getting Nash for a year or two would be great but getting him for a longer time frame would paralyze the future of the team.

8. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Ha! Reminds me of those guys at The Texans games screaming "We Want Sage!"

I was like "We?"

9. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Weird...

I thought Jason Kidd was the best PG since he basically rebuilt an organization from **** and took them to two finals and could of easily won two MVP's.

But Ok.

10. mojorizen7

mojorizen7 Member

bump:
    Hi ROCKETS fans.
    I hope you don't mind me throwing in my 2 cents on this subject from a different perspective.
    Long time 22 yr SUNS fan here.....I've been reading thru this thread and found it very interesting. What are your thoughts(if any) on this potential trade?
    Trade proposal
    NASH/JRICH to Houston
    for
    TMac/Kyle Lowry

Next season SUNS go with:

Dragic/Lowry
    Barbosa
    TMac/Dudley
    Amare/Lou
    Shaq/Midget Clown

For us:
    We free up $40mil with Shaq/TMac's expiring contracts in '2010.
    I'm sick & tired of this teams constant retooling and offensive focus. If it were my choice i'd gut this team and start from square one. I love Nash both as a player and a person....but talk here(in PHX) of extending Nash and retooling instead of rebuilding is just ludicrous and plain stupid IMO. I won't rant on any more about all that.
    Nash can still play at a very high level but quite frankly,our title run has been over for a couple yrs now.

For the ROCKETS:
    TMac's constant injuries have got to be wearing on the FO and many fans I would assume. You guys have played well & won without his services anyway.
    Nash goes to a contender, you guys get some much needed offensive veteran leadership(IMO) in the backcourt. Take a shot at the title next season by renting Nash for a year.

You guys could go with:
    Nash
    JRich
    Artest
    Scola
    Yao
    Also, you've still got quality depth with Battier,Brooks,Landry.

I hope i was respectful in posting this here.
    Mojo :)

11. faraza84

faraza84 Member

hell yea i would take j rich, a real sg. I think that would be a win win situation.

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I've been voicing my huge approval of a trade of Tmac + brooks for nash + richardson + lopez forever on this board. glad someone ( although a suns fan) shares the view with me

nash/lowry
    richardson/barry/wafer
    artest/battier
    scola/landry/hayes
    yao/lopez

how does that look? suns get to unload salary while we get to sold two problems in one trade. Starting SG and Backup C. Suns get AARON BROOKS who I think is a legit point guard in the Suns system and a massive expiring.

Brooks is worth more to the Suns than Lowry is. But Lowry is worth more to the Rockets than the Suns. Lowry can't shoot so I don't see how the Suns would want him. On the other hand Richardson would be awesome for the Rockets.

Maybe flip Richardson to Detroit for Rip Hamilton in a 3-way. Richardson is younger so Detroit would love to have him while we get Rip's championship experience.

13. mojorizen7

mojorizen7 Member

Brooks over Lowry would be acceptable(and like you said,the guy who the SUNS would probably prefer) but I would rather include Lowry simply because he's the better defender among the two. In this scenario we'd be starting Barbosa(finally) at SG and i'd prefer putting a more defensively capable guy at PG next to him.
    Goran Dragic has shown flashes...but there are still many question marks about his ability to run an offense(like Lowry).

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that the addition of Nash would make life for Yao a whole helluva lot easier....i tend to agree with that wholeheartedly.

14. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

How about Amare and Barbosa for Tmac?...

15. idrockfan

idrockfan Contributing Member

Good post Mojo. Well thought out trade. And yes, I would take it.

16. gamor

gamor Member

this trade really benefit both teams. too bad we are not GM, otherwise we can trade right now,lol

17. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

35 years old + big contract is kind of tough to swallow

18. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

[Napoleon Dynamite] Heck, yeah! /[ND] Sign me up.

Now do you think the Suns would actually do that trade? If not, is there a trade with T-Mac/Nash as the core that you think they would consider?

Welcome to the board, by the way. Glad to have you.

1 person likes this.
  19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Its not that big of a contract.

20. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

exactly what I'm thinking! except I believe the Suns'd prefer Brooks over Lowry.
    and I think the Suns should re-sign the free agent SFs Grant/Matt; I also believe Shaq will be gone by training camp.

in this case i'd even s&t RonRon for a decent center w/ expiring contract like Brad Miller or Marcus Camby
    the Rockets got a lineup of:

Yao, B. Miller, Dorsey
    Scola, Landry, Cook
    Battier, Barry
    J-Rich, Wafer
    Nash, Lowry

plus Miller+Nash= $20+mil. off book in 2010