1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Ric Bucher Update on Bosh Friday Morning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CheezeyBoy22, Jul 2, 2010.

1. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First off... Sorry to make another thread about Bosh but I thought this might be important. Ric was on SC this morning talking about Bosh. I'm going to paraphrase some of the conversation and post a direct quote from what he said.

Bosh has more or less made Miami and Chicago weary of him because it seems like he's more about branding himself rather than basketball. He's had cameras follow him everywhere because he's filming a documentary on his experience with Free agency. Ric spoke about how he's the only one that's been real open about what's going on. Today will tell more about where Bosh is going to go since he has his meeting with Chicago. Ric stated that the Bulls owner isn't going to be thrilled with Bosh having cameras because he's had players like MJ and Pippen that were strictly about BB business. Ric also spoke about how other teams are not really interested in giving him a SnT and this is what he wants. Miami and Chicago wants to offer him a little less than the Max.

Direct quote from Ric: Miami is having some questions about Bosh. It reopens everything and maybe the Houston Rockets are able to step in here. They are waiting there in case Miami and Chicago fall apart with Bosh. Then its Bosh goes to Houston. Carlos Boozer goes to Chicago. Amare goes to Miami. Chris Bosh is in the driver sit. The concern is he's not acting like he is. The question remains is he a max contract guy.

Overall, what I take from this is Bosh needs to act like like he's a max player. He's rubbing Pat Riley wrong already based off on how Bosh is treating the whole situation. Houston has a big shot because they will offer him the max and work a SnT. I still think Bosh's agent is going to be the overall problem here. He's not interested in Bosh coming to Houston. He wants Bosh to partner with Wade or LBJ.

If LBJ stays in Cleveland, it works in favor for Houston.

Sorry to post a long thread. I thought you guys would like to get some of the info I watched.

14 people like this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I appreciated the info. Thanks.

3. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Great info man, really appreciate it. Man this situation is looking better by the day for us! :grin: Really excited and can't wait to see what's gonna happen! :cool:

4. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Great, great news. Thanks for posting. :)

5. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Thanks, according to this, Houston's chances seem to be improving! I like it! :cool:

6. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I hope we can work this out. I just don't know right now. I think his agent is going to screw us over here. If LBJ signs with Cleveland, I can see us landing him.

7. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

If this is true... Morey needs to be booking Bosh's agent a plane ticket to Beijing to stay at the nicest hotel there ASAP.

Massage those shoulders!!!!

8. thino

thino Contributing Member

he'll be here soon.

9. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Thanks for the info, dude! :)

--RB

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

If Bosh is about branding himself well if he comes here then China is his... :grin:

11. RedRaiderRocket

Good stuff if true I hate his agent!

12. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Screw Bosh's agent. And screw Carlos Beltran's agent while your at it. :mad:

13. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Yes, thanks. This is very interesting and makes a lot of sense.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Thanks for the report on Bucher's comments. Very interesting stuff there!

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

But an agent is still an agent. In the end, if Miami/Chicago won't work S&T for the uber-max, the agent is not going to screw himself over by taking a lesser contract. Even if he thinks Bosh can get more exposure with Lebron/Wade, that's still a lot of guaranteed money to pass up.

Anyway, if this is true, this is VERY GOOD news for us. And it shows that Miami and Chicago really had no intention of seriously getting Bosh with their draft day deals. Because giving up S&T assets for capspace doesn't make sense with Bosh, but does make sense if they want to sign someone outright, like Amare, Boozer, or Lee.

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

bosh's agent may want to pair him with lebron or wade, but if neither team wants to offer the max, or wants to work out a S&T so he can earn 10% raises over 6 years... and the rockets are willing to do both... well then that agent will want to earn more money.

17. itony

itony Member

very interesting info. so basically, he's not acting as mature as they would expect from a franchise max money player...

on a tangent, hey cheezey! guess you don't want the tix anymore? :grin:

18. worzel gummidge

bosh, lebron, and wade are all with the same agency.

19. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

UPDATE ON FIRST TAKE...

Bosh wants to only work out a SnT according to some guy I don't really know. He wants that six year. According to this gentleman, Chicago has already spoke with Bryan Colanglo and he doesn't want anything to do with Deng. He stated that Houston has already spoken with Toronto and the package would have something with Scola, Ariza, and a Battier.

20. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

What an attention w****. :rolleyes:

Houston is OK with that though. :cool: