1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Raymond Felton Out 4-6 Weeks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by yobod, Dec 27, 2012.

1. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

If I were shipwrecked, and then stuck on a desert island, and I almost died from thirst, but then I was rescued at the last moment, the first thing I would want to drink would STILL be the salty tears of Knicks fans.

2. Classic

Classic Member

[​IMG]

3. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I missed this post earlier. Yeah, it's basically a way of cleaning house for Toronto. If they're committed to the idea of letting Lowry waste away on the bench and just running pick N rolls with Calderon with screeners who are bad at it, then welp, here is one of the best pick N roll finishers in the NBA for a change. The catch is that he is on a terrible contract, is starting to have health concerns, and you have to gamble that he logs more minutes than DNP's. So maybe it works out, maybe not.

Toronto is also acutely unhappy with Landry Fields as well, so getting New York to take him back while saddling them with Bargnani would be a way of offsetting the benefit of adding Lowry.

One fine point though: Although the Knicks would be taking on two bad contracts instead of one really, really terrible one in Stoudemire's, they all expire at the same time anyway. So they're no less aided than they were before the trade, unless they're pessimistic about their ability to flip Amare even on an expiring deal years down the road.

Lowry, in comparison, is on an amazing contract thanks to Daryl Morey's wizardry, and so--keep him or trade him--only 1 million of the just 6.2 million he is due next season is even guaranteed. I can't imagine New York being uninterested, even if it seems like they'd have a logjam in the backcourt after Felton and Shumpert return from injury. We'd definitely see another pick or prospect going to Toronto in that hypothetical deal.