1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Ramona suggesting racism in NO towards agent & AD

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JW86, Nov 27, 2019.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Obviously she’s embarrassing herself with this, but she knows the she’s got the ESPN Laker/Lebron propaganda machine to get her back. No worries for her.

clutchdabear and Jontro like this.
  2. Theking

Theking Member

So Stephen A is not ugly now? Come on now...

BamBam and Jontro like this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

4. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Everything is racist and offensive.

CK Johnson, jordnnnn and Jontro like this.
  5. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Has she been to New Orleans?

Richie_Rich likes this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Only as a Mardi Gras float.

Dacamel, JW86, Jontro and 1 other person like this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you would think as a minority herself, she'd be wiser than to make stupid comments like this

8. AkeemOlaDROwon

Before obtaining his fortune he was simply known as “Makes OK money” Paul.

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apparently Ramona does not recall that New Orleans is a chocolate city.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

The GM himself is black why tf would he be racist to a black agent and a black superstar? And the owner hired a black GM and proceeded to draft a black dude No 1 as his AD replacement but yeah, they racist.

LMAO!

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Racism exists, and in a professional setting there can be subtle differences between how black and white people are dealt with based on preconceptions about them. I do think there are stories out there about Rich Paul not being dealt with respectfully as a professional player agent by front offices.

And that sort of discrimination need not exclusively coming from white people either. And even though the New Orleans GM was black, but he’s not the sole decision maker there.

I’m not saying I think what she’s saying must be true, but I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss the role it played. That said, if she is just speculating and she doesn’t have some insider info backing up her comments, she really shouldn’t have said it.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That woman is a pure, unadulterated b****, and that's coming from a feminist. Just ask my significant other!

13. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Ok I can't help it. Hopefully this won't offend anyone.

The "elephant" in the room is not the black gm, black coach or Zion. Ramona should have never reported something like this with out facts, and she deserves to be scolded. I'm no insider, and I don't know any insiders. I'm just a fan who occasionally spends time in Louisiana with my wife's family.

Gayle Benson the Pelicans/Saints owner is the elephant. There have been stories about her racial views(towards black folks) for years. Several disturbing stories about Gayle have been out there for years.

When former owner Tom Benson passed away and Gayle inherited the team lawsuits like this one didn't surprise the locals.

https://thecomeback.com/nfl/former-...t-comments-saints-owner-tom-bensons-wife.html

The "Rich Paul rule" was considered to be rooted in racism. Ramona tried to add these things together to reach her conclusion imo. It was lazy. If she would have dug a little deeper, and interviewed the right people she wouldn't have had to issue such an embarrassing apology, and maintained some of her professional dignity.

JW86 likes this.
  14. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Racism is a feeling and Is psychological in nature...Really clears it up thx.
    I’m not an “ally”, idgaf about “minority” experiences anymore than they do of mine. We’re all equal under the LAW now, you can’t force people to like you or even be kind to you.

#54 jcee15, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  15. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Astute but she is above reproach

16. JW86

JW86 Member

Tnx for sharing, rather weak and insincere apology though. 99% of them are, but still. It’s a serious accusation towards fans of a team, people in a city, Pelicans organisation. She should be put on leave. Cannot just make claims like that with no repercussions.

Senator likes this.
  17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Jaba the Shelburne is a waste of oxygen

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I’d say plenty of people in the nba have a “problem” with Rich Paul, but it’s zero to do with race.

100% due to being a Lebron coattail rider with no previous training in the business.

Jealousy more than anything,

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He seems to have done ridding LeBron's coattails. Plenty of guys just hang on and do nothing but just take or bring down the main guy.

20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Everyone suggests that bullshit nowadays