1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

32. Texans - David Carr and Andre Johnson look good for the future. But the Texans will still have trouble keeping Carr on his feet.

Well, they got us ranked where were suppose to be as a 2nd year franchise. What do you think.

Here's the top 10:

1 Buccaneers 12-4-0 Most of the key players return and with another year for Gruden to get the offense going, all systems in Tampa appear to be on go for another trip to the Super Bowl.
    2 Eagles 12-4-0 Eagles fans aren't looking for another trip to the NFC championship game -- it's all about the Super Bowl.
    3 Raiders 11-5-0 If the Raiders can keep Rich Gannon healthy, there's definitely enough left in the tank for another Super Bowl run.
    4 Titans 11-5-0 Steve McNair looks great and can carry Tennessee a long way. One cause for concern, this team isn't deep and any big injuries could sink them.
    5 Rams 7-9-0 An easy schedule and a healthy Kurt Warner means the Rams should be back among the NFC's elite.
    6 Patriots 9-7-0 Bill Belichick usually knows what he's doing. But cutting Lawyer Milloy is a real head-scratcher.
    7 Dolphins 9-7-0 Brutal December schedule (at New England, vs. Philly, at Buffalo and vs. N.Y. Jets) could mean another late-season collapse for the Dolphins.
    8 Packers 12-4-0 Minnesota will be better, but the Packers are still clearly the class of the NFC North.
    9 Chiefs 8-8-0 Given the preseason hype surrounding the Chiefs, folks assume that Priest Holmes will be healthy. Without Holmes, the Chiefs aren't a playoff team.
    10 Colts 10-6-0 Edgerrin James looks like he's back, which means the Colts should be back among the NFL's highest-scoring teams.

2. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Wow. We're going to be worse than the Lions AND the Bengals. Hmm...although we lost to the Bengals last year, I think we'll make 30th again.

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I don't see how the Chiefs are supposed to be better than the Broncos or Chargers, let alone the 9th best team overall.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Titans all the way baby. Plus we match up well with the Buc's. Probably one of the few teams who can play with them. I put the Titans at number 2.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Just pray you don't meet Oakland again in the Playoffs.

In 5 days we begin the quest to be ****ed over in the playoffs for the 4th consecutive year.

GO RAIDERS

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

how were the raiders messed over this last year in the super bowl??

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

1.) Barrett Robbins killed team chemistry

2.) Tampa Bay Coach Jon Gruden built our offense, so he knew it inside out.

3.) We never play good when we wear white.

4.) San Diego hates us and made sure we lost.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

The Raiders match up extremely well against the titans. They played pitch and catch all day. Which is what the titans want you to do if you have a passing game. This is how we played the Rams too. The only difference was that you knocked Eddie on his keaster and that was the difference in the game. The turnovers. Both games were like that. So you have the edge.

As for the Raiders in whole. A lot of people are picking you to have a losing season. I'm personally surprised by that. You're still a solid team and the defense should be improved with healthy db's. So I see you at 11-5.

As for the Titans, god damn, the bandwagon is getting full. Look for us to start slow again. we always do. But MCnair thinks the game is easy right now. He's at his peak. And it shows. Realistically we'll probably be 10-6 with no running game evident. Although Eddie still had great totals last year. Plus the Curse.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Nice excuses. You sound like a true Raider fan.:p

10. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Mack Brown???

11. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

They are kind of the trendy sleeper pick this year (SI has them going to the super bowl). Last year they had one of the best offenses in the NFL and one of the worst D's and were still very competative. They lost several games last year becasue they could not protect any lead at all in the 4th qtr. They have upgraded their D quite a bit in the offseason and have a few starters returning that were injured early last season. However they still have huge question marks like the health of Holmes and wheter the upgraded D is good enough. Add to this that their defensive coordinator kind of sucks and likes to do goofy stuff like drop DE's back into pass coverage.

Basically they could be anywhere from really good to just average.

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

How many teams are there. ESPN is full of bull dung.

13. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

ESPN sucks...they are way off...more like, 6-10...if they're lucky. ;)

Seriously, I don't think they are way off. They will be better than last year, I think, but their schedule looks a bit tougher so it is possible, and maybe probable, that the record won't look too good.

Come on QC...take Vick's place and get MVP. :)

edit:Took me over 8hrs to realize "Come QC" doesn't make sense...except in...nevermind. Too bad I got quoted.

#13 RC Cola, Sep 3, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2003
  14. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

lol!!!

(i'm a texas tech student)

15. land_sharks

land_sharks Member

Why, we're going to trade the Cobwoys Henson for Roy Williams, or hadn't you heard that already??? :rolleyes:

I want some Henson news! Or some good ole' trade speculation/rumors/ets. "We the people desire action" TM and R(with a little circle around it).

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well,

Looks like the Oilers will be good again this year.

DD

17. Buck Turgidson

Are you this bitter & negative in all aspects of life, or is it just sports?