1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Parsons: DeAndre & Matthews best 5/2 to play with

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jul 6, 2015.

1. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Sarcasm from people labelling Mattews as the harden stopper from seasons ago... I just threw DJ in there for fun.

2. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

While playing with two other, and better, "MVP candidates"

3. jch1911

jch1911 Member

To be fair, he says he has a chance... that much is true.

Will it be reality? My question is then: "What has Deandre done up to this point to warrant this belief?"

Lead league in FG%? Yes (thanks to Chris Paul and defensive attention to Griffin. How much did he score off post moves or jump shots? Ohhh yeaahhh: almost nuffin)
    Rebound a lot? Yeah (Clips miss a lot of shots, maybe?)
    Block shots? Yes (and many times giving the other team possession because they are spectacular blocks rather than in control to a teammate)

So he has potential, but so does pretty much every NBA player (most of whom are in the NBA for a reason)

My point Tamericus is that I am pretty sure Chandler was back at Blue Martini and had one too many ;) so I totally agree with you

1 person likes this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

And will be a step slower forever with a torn Achilles

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I was angry at Parsons before, but now I feel bad because he's clearly on drugs.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So we can pencil Dallas into the conference finals?

7. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

8. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Watch Deandre Turn into Roy Hibbert...you don't have a PG of Chris Paul's Caliber throwing you lobs, you won't have a superstar like Blake Griffin demanding all this attention to give you easy lobs. Deandre will seriously have to develop a post game to be anywhere near as effective. He has the stiffness similar to Dwight, he's not a finesse player, athletic and powerful but doesn't have the touch. This will turn into a disaster for the Mavericks.

9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

DJ has a worse post game than Dwight, can't shoot if his life depended on it and is very undisciplined defensively (tries to block shots rather than protect the paint). He sucks.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

IF Wes Matthews returns at normal health, he's a really good player. Substantially better than Monta.

11. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

I'm luving it!

12. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

And is the worst FT shooter in the league.

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

"With Lamar running the floor and me and Cuttino on the wings, we'd be unstoppable."
    - Steve Francis

Players have no idea what they're talking about half the time.

14. DuDDleyDawsonII

Excellent post ,he also don't have a starting caliber PG ,or a bench.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If they stay healthy, then they could be really good. Hopefully, not as good as the Rockets. Would be cool if we got a first round rematch but only if Rockets win the series. Otherwise, I expect someone else to knock the Mavs out before we have to play them in a later round. ;)

16. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

MicroParsons and Weschilles will have a great season, I'm sure.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Honestly I just can't see how this Dallas team is much better than last years team. Their biggest improvement is dependent on Wes being healthy. They lost some depth and Dirk is only going to continue to decline. IF they make the playoffs 7th or 8th seed is my guess.

18. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I wouldn't go that far. He is likely to be at least as good as Tyson Chandler was for them last year. He just isn't "Shaq-like" as Cuban described him. But he is a good center who is a great rebounder and nice defensive presence. We will see if the recruiting promises of a feature part in the offence come back to haunt them though, because outside of pick and rolls I don't see pitching the ball to Jordan as a primary scorer working.

If Matthews is healthy, he is a good player, but he got a lot of his looks playing off of the attention Lillard and Aldridge drew. Who is drawing that attention for the Mavs? I don't see Dirk drawing double teams regularly at this point of his career. They have a bunch of above average players, but it's hard to imagine any of them as superstars in the making who just needed more opportunity. I guess we will find out in a few months though.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It's just so odd that a guy would be so ball dominant yet at the same time be so lacking in ball handling skills it is hilarious. His main way to get past a defender is that ugly ball fake. A solid defender stops Parsons in his tracks, they need a point guard badly.

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

DJ is a big upgrade over Chandler, don't get it twisted. Everyone else though? Dirk one year older, Chandler (rumored) microfracture surgery on his knee, Wes Mathews with a torn achilles heel, the PG situation even worse than ours.

Yeah, Dallas might make it to the playoffs (maybe) but they'll be knocked out 1st round again if their roster stays as it is.