1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] New York Knicks Making Progress on Carmelo Anthony Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketMania1991, Oct 19, 2010.

1. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Can they trade a player who has just signed a contract? That would be funny if they traded Boozer for Anthony without him approving

2. AQS18

AQS18 Member

Can't trade free agents of this past summer until Dec. 15th.

Some, like Lowry, even have the choice of vetoing a trade.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Would rather have the Rockets try to get in on the action and get their hands on either Gallinari or Randolph if Denver doesn't want one of them.

4. AQS18

AQS18 Member

Randolph would be excellent.

I want no part of Dan. His back is a serious red flag and his game was inflated due to being in a freestyle system of D'Antoni.

Budinger would have put up the same stats if he were in NY last season.

Damn Melo to hell if he rejected a trade to Houston privately!

5. AQS18

AQS18 Member

I'm curious as to know which player that the Knicks are confident in that they can aquire from a 3rd team that would interest the Nuggets?

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This is all a really successful propaganda campaign to increase the stock of Danillo Gallinari. I had him on my fantasy team last year, the dude's nothing more than a high volume shooter who isn't particularly efficient (or good) in any facet of the game, not even to speak of his defense which is atrocious. I find it absolutely comical that New York supposedly "held out" on including him in any deals and now all of a sudden they're dangling him like some ugly girl playing hard to get.

I understand that this is a PR war being waged on the part of the NBA superstars to try to wrest power from the owners and increasingly dictate where they will land around the country, but the buck has to stop somewhere. New York is offering trash worse than what Memphis got for Pau Gasol (and in retrospect, MUCH MUCH worse, Memphis didn't actually get totally jobbed who knew?). For a GM as green as this Ujiri guy is, I'd have to believe that he's more liable to be conservative in his dealings for fear of leaving an legacy of ineptitude immediately upon arrival with no realistic way of reversing his image for the rest of his GMing career.

Is Gallinari, Randolph, a phantom late-1st pick enough to get Carmelo? I have to believe that, like Clutch says, Denver would be more inclined to call Carmelo out on his bluff and see if his mind changes by the trade deadline. People keep saying that Carmelo has all the power here, but realize this: if Denver does NOT trade him to NYK and instead lets him walk as an UFA, he CAN'T sign with NYK for the max--they simply won't have the cap space. In addition, he stands to lose even more money than the max he would sign as a free agent because, being traded, he all of a sudden can sign an extension as if NYK were his old team, and the extension is worth a lot more than the max. Lebron and Bosh bluffed accepting less money, but in the end they got what they wanted, the sign and trade. There is the possibility that Denver could concede in the same fashion and accept minor assets in return for SnTing Carmelo, but by that time NYK will already have sucked it up for a year, so at least our 2011 swap would be good even if our 2012 becomes pick #26 or something.

All in all, I think I'm in the consensus at Clutchfans when I say I've soured on Carmelo. He's not a winner, he's a scorer. I don't want him in Houston, but neither do I want him on the Knicks. Not only would it ruin our picks, but it would further reinforce the notion that whiny childish superstars can have everything their way, play together in their little exclusive treehouse allowing NBA role players to come up only if they agree to take paycuts, and decide amongst themselves who wins NBA championships for the next decade. Chris Paul would be that much more likely to do the same thing to the Hornets in 2011. It's a war on the credibility of the league. As fans we all have to hope they fail.

3 people like this.
  7. AQS18

AQS18 Member

[​IMG]

8. AQS18

AQS18 Member

I agreed with everything except this. Melo would make us an instant contender IMO.

9. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

I have a couple things to say...First, I, for some strange reason hope the knicks land melo. Why? that gives the knicks a bigger reason to ask daddy(Daryl) to please give them their picks back, again we are in the driver seat on this one. All Daryl is going to do is ask Donnie,"I want Randolf in return, thats it".Of course the knicks would do this trade in a heart beat. But in second thought thinking about it, we really dont need Randolf. So my ? is if NY was to look at us for those picks what can we get in return? Can anybody answer that for me. Because as far as im concern we have the deepest bench in the league, and we kinda dont need another player we just reduced our roster to 15 randolf would just make it an extra 16 than we will really be deep.

C-Yao,Miller
    F-Scola,Chuck,Hill,Patterson
    F-Battier,Budinger,Taylor
    G-Martin,Lee
    G-Brooks,Lowry,Ish

I dunno were he would fit!!!!!! :mad:

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That is one ****ty package, I dont understand why they would not be interested in anything from us. We have 2 knicks picks and they have none. That alone is better than the knicks offer

11. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Hill or Patterson would most likely be out the door to make room for Randolph, though I don't think he'd help our team any. I mean, how much longer is it gonna take this guy to reach his potential?

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Morey needs to mess up this deal, or get something in return.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He's only 21.

14. AQS18

AQS18 Member

Lala Anthony wants to go to the Knicks and Melo is p***y whipped.

15. AQS18

AQS18 Member

Just looked at his injury history! :eek:

Dude is injury prone. Didn't know that.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wilson Chandler wouldn't be a bad pickup.

17. AQS18

AQS18 Member

Budinger or Battier don't deserve to have their minutes reduced for a guy like Chandler IMO.

Budinger is better than Chandler and Battier, even in decline, is a better perimeter defender than Chandler.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I wouldn't call a freak ankle accident injury prone. He's still young, he'll be ok.

19. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

what happens if the knicks decline?????

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I agree, but we could use another SF.