1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Nets pursuing Josh Smith

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ivenovember, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

LOL, the Nets are always trying to get everyone.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Broussard has no sources. He scours the twitter feeds for breaking trades and reports them as his own. He makes up potential trades and passes them off as "sources" when really it is whatever he thought of on the plane to Ohio.

3. ashiin

ashiin Member

Didney Worl.

[​IMG]

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Someone needs to create a Broussard Fact Checker Twitter and track what his "sources" say and whether or not the rumor originated with him.

I would but I'm lazy as ****

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Pfft.

How many sources does Bima have and how many Sources does Broussard have?

Chris knows what he's talking about here, he has sources.

6. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sources don't matter in this case. Morrow cannot be traded to the Nets because the CBA says you cannot reacquire a player you traded during a certain time frame of the current season.

Sadly enough a quick check and you can see the ESPN trade machine even has this info.

7. jocar

jocar Member

"my sources say" is short for "I deny any accountability for this lie I made up while on the toilet"

8. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

He was joking about the sources thing..

9. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

AtomicAnderz: My sources tell me Houston Rockets are in negotiations to trade J. Lin and Omer Asik to Boston for Larry Bird and KG.

Yes, I'm on the toilet.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

in mother russia, the luxury tax pays you

11. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

@Classic
    lol
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WkkC9cK8Hz0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Brooklyn can offer up to 4 unprotected 1st round picks. i imagine that's the key to any of their offers.

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

BimThug-1 Chris Broussard-0

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Something tells me Broussard is going to ignore Bima's tweet, and keep reporting that Morrow's name is coming up in trade talks anyways. There is no accountability in the media.

15. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

yes I retweeted it....Bimathug has already surpassed broussard on credibility.

Lets push for ESPN anchor gig. Bima, ill be your agent ; )

16. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

not if we all retweet it lol

17. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

It's more of a hybrid between 2010 Alt and last years terrible nets team. This team just screams first round exit.

18. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

Broussard will pursue this rumor so aggresively that everyone will believe it, including both FOs and David Stern, and the deal will go through.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Is ESPN really THAT DESPERATE to keep pushing for website clicks by trying to stir up trade rumors that include the Nets, or is Broussard trying anything to keep his job at ESPN?

Look, its not impossible for the Nets to acquire Josh Smith, but its highly unlikely... so why would it even get brought up without a detailed explanation of how it could actually get done.

and the mention of Morrow going back to ATL clearly should get Broussard repremanded because anyone who knows about NBA trades will go out of their way to question Broussards credibility publicly.

IF the Nets want to trade for Smith, they will have to involve a 3rd team in a trade such as this(Keep in mind I tried HARD to find SOMETHING that works for 3 teams)-

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=afhlo4x

ATL Out- Smith, Pachulia
    ATL In- Gortat, Humphries, 1st Round pick(for taking on Hump salary), cash

Nets Out- Humphries, Brooks, 1st round pick, cash
    Nets In- Josh Smith

Suns Out- Gortat
    Suns In- Brooks, Pachulia

..................................................................................................

Now keep in mind that two major things would need to be accounted for in order for this to happen-

A. The Nets MUST come up with some sort of compensation for the Hawks taking on Humphries salary this year and next. I dont know for sure if they have a 1st round pick at some point in the future to offer, but I'll assume now that they can come up with something now to give them and also a bunch of cash.

B. The Suns MUST be extremely high on Marshon Brooks. In order for them to take a significant downgrade at the Center position, they must be thinking that Brooks is someone they could build around as part of their young core. They are getting some salary cap relief in this deal especially next year, but they must be willing to give up Gortat... who is a very valuable trade piece right now.

These are quite a few assumptions, but this is about as close as the Nets are going to get to putting a trade together that can get Smith to Brooklyn... Something I sure as hell wouldn't put my reputation on the line for if I was known as a "ESPN INSIDER."