1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] #NBArank All-Time Top 100

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jan 21, 2016.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

lol ESPN banking hard on the nba.

2. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

The Harden hate is ridiculous. If Westbrook is 49, Harden should be in the 60's at a minimum.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Harden at this very moment has more win shares than Westbrook and you could argue that last season by Harden is the best single season between the two of them.

I'm not gonna argue too much about having Westbrook ahead of Harden, but the gap between them in these rankings is way out of whack.

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'm fine with Westbrook and Curry being ahead but, 49 to 97?!? Even Marc Gasol is ahead of Harden. Gasol is a big man who can't even get 10 boards in his entire career. 14ppg and under 8 boards as a Center is better than what Harden gives the Rockets including his 6th man of the year award? I'm not even the biggest Harden fan and he pisses me off most of the time, but come on man.

It's ridiculous and obvious ESPN has hatred for Harden. Dwight even is way too low for having been multiple DPOTY, with a better rebounding and shot blocking rate than someone much larger like SHAQ and having led his team to the finals with no other all star. Dwight is very arguably top 10 C of all time.

I just know Hakeem will be somewhere ridiculous like 15-20 while Kobe, lebron, durant, curry, shaq, duncan will all be ahead of him. Ugh.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Westbrook's ranking might be the funniest one yet. What in God's name has he done to be Top 50?

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The harden/howard hate is real.

Westbrook is exciting and plays with kd.

Last year in the same circumstances

Player a) won 56 games 2nd seed

Player b) won 45 games 9th seed

Player a) second in mvp votes 2nd time making all NBA 1st team

Player b) 3rd in mvp votes 2nd team all NBA, never been 1st team

Player a) 27/7/6 on 60% ts lead league in win shares only been down by 6 other players

Player b) 28/8/7 on 55% ts top 5 in win shares

Player a) 97

Player b) 49

Espn is a joke

7. marky :)

marky :) Member

What exactly has Westbrook done in his career to be Top 50 all time rofl. The joke started with Kemp being #100

8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

My man.

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

WOW. Allen Iverson at 46. Just...ugh. This list is incredible. It's just click bait. I'm expecting a "Click to see who came in #1 in our All Time rankings!" above a photo of Curry and MJ.

10. BackdoorHarden

Kevin Love ranked higher than Amare?

Lots of guys in the 100 that will not make the Hall of Fame, such as Love and Gasol, are ranked higher than a Hall of Famer Mitch Richmond?

Westbrook is ranked 50 spot higher than Harden??? LOL.
    Are they ranking Westbrook and Harden based only for this season?

Remember last season, Harden was the MVP, which Westbrook never won or came come.

Remember last year Westbrook was averaging almost a triple Double every game, 30 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists...but everyone said, "Yea, but he shoots 40% FG, takes 30 shots, average 6 turnovers and doesn't play any Defense."

Sounds like Harden this year!!! So how is Westbrook ranked so much higher than Harden???

Where is Cousins????? They have Gasol and Love higher than Cousins.

Dwight isn't top 50??? CRAZY. I hate Dwight because of his fake smile and he's always scared, but he is TOP 50

11. BackdoorHarden

That's what I was thinking!!!!!

Harden was MVP last year and Westbrook was a COMPLETE JOKE!!! He was putting HUGE numbers, but his team was horrible and he didn't play any Defense.

This year Harden is just like last year Westbrook, but Harden won a MVP last year and he's ranked 50 spot lower??????

No wonder the Media didn't won for Harden for MVP, but the Player did. Media hates Harden

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

westbrook might be one of the 50 best players to ever play basketball (how his total career stacks up is tougher) as his PER last season has been beaten by only 12 other players ever (including curry this season), but i'm not sure how he would be way ahead of harden.

both are in the top 50 of both PER and WS/48 (ages 22-33, at least 5000 minutes played).

pau gasol is in the top 60 of both so his ranking isn't crazy.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

You mean Marc Gasol right? Pau Gasol is a 1st ballot HOFer.

14. BackdoorHarden

Yea, Marc. Should not be Top 100

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

Agreed. Can't believe he is higher than Harden and Westbrook is so far ahead of Harden and ahead of Dwight.

16. Caesar

Caesar Member

Gary Payton and Nique so low. I feel like players are running out bc they saved so much space in the top 30 for players of the past 15 years lol

17. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Harden didn't win MVP last year. Curry did. And it's strange that you would argue regarding Harden being better than Westbrook by indicating Westbrook didn't play any D last year. Have you seen Harden play before?

Curry was MVP last year and I don't see how anyone can argue that considering the Warriors were like 10 games better than any other team in the regular season last year. Westbrook was the NBA scoring leader last year. Harden won some players choice award last year in what is his career season to date. When Harden was on the Thunder, he was the sixth man off the bench and Westbrook started...I'm sure there's a good reason that was the case. I'm sure if Harden has many more seasons where he puts up the numbers he put up last year, he can maybe move to 60th best player of all time. Until he plays defense though, I don't think he can move ahead of a lot of the all time greats.

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

JR,

Did you give up on this list and decided it is not worth updating anymore?

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Could you blame him? lol.

I'm waiting for the Houston hate to continue as they ignored Calvin Murphy I'm sure, they'll have Drexler outside of the top 30 and Olajuwon around 25. Hakeem is probably my #5 best player of all time - 1) MJ 2) Kareem 3) Magic 4) Wilt 5) Hakeem.

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

Lol Clyde just came up at 36. That means Curry for 2 seasons is better already than Clydes entire career. Curry is going to be top 20. Book it. Wow. So hilarious.