1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] #NBArank All-Time Top 100

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jan 21, 2016.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Rodman couldn't even be a good #2 on that Spurs team. Anyone who doesn't want to be a main guy and actually needs to be the third or fourth guy isn't a Top 50 guy.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I will be expecting Tinman.

3. BackdoorHarden

Where is Mitch Richmond??? Kevin Love is ranked higher than Hall of Famer Mitch Richmond??? WTF . This guy made 5 ALL NBA and this was in the Jordan, Clyde, Miller, Dumar , etc era where it was tough to make ALL NBA.

Jordan said Mitch was the best 2Guard he faced.

4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

What team couldn't use someone who rebounds at a tremendous rate, gets blocks and steals, sets picks and takes charges, and does everything but score to get the win? I'll accept your argument that he couldn't be a #2 and shouldn't be top 50 for that, as I have a soft spot for people who do the dirty work, but then this last overvalues scoring of T-Mac and Melo are both ahead of Rodman, who was crucial to those latter three Bulls rings.

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Rodman was a great player, but there's no way he could be 2nd best player on your team. As great as he was at rebounding and defense, he was a pedestrian offensive player. He's not someone you would seriously consider building a team around. Most of the players on this list so far are #2s or players you could build really good teams around.

People are putting way too much emphasis on championships, which is team accomplishment and organizational structure.

I doubt Rodman could make a bad team good. At least with players, like Webber, Howard, T-Mac, and Melo is that they can carry bad teams. I don't think Rodman could do that year end and out.

1 person likes this.
  6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-and-lebron-are-championship-rings-overrated

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He made All-NBA in part because Center was/is a garbage dump of a position in most of the 2000's and because Duncan was classed as a PF, the same way crap centers kept making the all star team.

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Kevin love is not top 100 that's a joke even if it is at 99.

Marc gasol is not better than harden that's another joke.

The list sucks in all honesty, dwight should be a lot higher top 50 Forsure. Youngest player to 15k points 10k rebounds. One of the top 5 best defensive centers of all time maybe top 3. Won 3 straight DPOY awards also led a team that lacked another star to the finals career 18/12.

Damn shame.

Unless harden wins atleast one ring he's never going to get his due but offensivly he's already top 20 easy. We take for granted how good he is because of the media and our passion as fans of the rockets but the guy has been 25+ 5+ 5+ for 4 straight years at over 60% ts and top 5 in win shares.

Only I believe five other guys in league history have ever done that and there all in the Hof or going to The hof (lebron James)

Harden might be this eras Charles Barkley. Mvp caliber talent top 5 at his position when it's all said and done but just played in the curry era and couldn't break through.

Durant is going to have this problem also unless he goes to the Warriors or creates a a super team on his own.

No matter what him and Westbrook are just not as good as him and harden even if you deem Russ the better player. They just don't fit organicly somthing is missing chemistry wise with those two.

As a rockets fan I would love to see him come to Houston and form a trio with JH and DH with role players like bev/Ariza/smith/Capela/Terry/Lawson/dmo/brew that is a stacked team and can maybe challenge the Warriors.

What do u guys think?

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-and-lebron-are-championship-rings-overrated

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

60. Earl Monroe
    59. Carmelo Anthony
    58. Tony Parker
    57. Robert Parrish
    56. Pau Gasol
    55. Dave Cowens
    54. Bernard King
    53. Wes Unseld
    52. Bob McAdoo
    51. Reggie Miller

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

lol - Reggie Miller?

From their write up:
    Yeah he never finished that high for a reason - he shouldn't sniff the alltime top 50, I know he created memorable moments at MSG but come on, he was basically puting up borderline all star numbers most of his career and didn't have a lot else.

12. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

Tmac and Melo ahead of Howard.... what a ****ing joke.. Dude went to the Nba finals at 23 correct me if im wrong , 3 time DPOY , been to the conference finals 3 times , a dominate rebounder and the best center of almost last decade ...

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

This list gets worse and worse.

14. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Rockets need to do something eye-opening like crush the Thunder in the playoffs. We need to show that our team is *clearly* an upgrade over his current team. Otherwise, if he's really *desperate* for that ring, I think he just goes to the Warriors, the safe bet.

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Pau Gasol @ 56... We should treat ESPN, like a terrible tabloid magazine.

16. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I was taken aback but if you compare Pau and Parrish's numbers and ignore the rings, they were similarly effective for a similarly span of time. Pau has been so consistent and solid over his career. 56 is high though, agreed.

17. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I appreciate the centralized listing. I hate these lists but I can't stop giving ESPN pageviews on them out of morbid curiosity.

Looks like it's pretty biased towards recent players. Pau, Carmelo, Ginobili, Parker...pretty high ranks for guys who have never been the best player on a good team (okay, Carmelo has for brief stretches).

Lol @ Harden 97 and Curry top 50. They had almost literally the same resume until they met in the playoffs. I would agree with Curry higher, but wow.

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Id rather not click on the actual article but what are they basing this list off of?

Wouldn't be too surprised if ESPN has Curry top 25.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He's the youngest player on our All-Time <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBArank?src=hash">#NBArank</a>. Russell Westbrook checks in at No. 49. <a href="https://t.co/u6a2s9mDEh">pic.twitter.com/u6a2s9mDEh</a></p>&mdash; NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/692391686165663745">January 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

HAHAHA. WestBrook at 49, Harden barely cracks the top 100 and Curry most likely going to be top 20??? WOW. What an absolute joke.

Westbrooks 21ppg on 43% and 5.4 and 7.4 is worthy of top 50?

The list clearly has bias toward current players so that current fans can give them views and talk more about it. That, or it really truly is a "what has he done for me lately?" kind of world.