1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN+] NBA trade deadline: What we're hearing about all 30 teams play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fryjol7, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Do not ever say 'realistic' on this site!

Rocket River likes this.
  3. bratna8

bratna8 Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

We can't trade Nene! He's far too valuable to our championship aspirations!

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't know, man. Can't count on deals being sought, let alone consummated, these days, with Hold-the-Line Tillman. Or better yet, The Buck Stops Here (and how!) Tillman.

da_juice likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

8. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Damn paywall

9. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

With the economy still doing well, Tillman is going to have to take some of that Trump tax cut for the wealthy money and let Daryl go into the luxury tax so we can acquire someone of significance.

If available my list would be:
    Gallinari/AI/Betrans/Covington/Morris/Love

I would be OK letting of significant pieces like Gordon/Capela/Tucker go if we get Love/Covington/Betrans in return. I am also assuming so insignificant pieces like Thabo/Nene/Clark would go out as well.

I have not looked at the trade scenarios so not sure what is feasible.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

(or, in other words) Or better yet, The Bucks Stop Here (and how!) Tillman.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Can someone post the article ?

Gray_Jay likes this.
  12. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

If Houston full team can beat bucks and Lakers, it doesn't need to trade. I suggest to sign some potential good buyout players which MDA will use in Daniel house and Tucker position.
    If you want another big, I will choose Kevin love, if we can just lose either Gordon or Tucker and remain all starters to get it, it is worth to take risk. If we need to lose two of them, rather not to trade.

13. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

They. Cannot. Trade. Eric. Gordon. This. Year.

That said, I doubt they trade any of their big salaries this year. Gordon because they can't. Westbrook because who'd take on his deal and it would piss off Harden. Tucker because who else plays defense at the 4/small ball 5, and it would supposedly piss off Harden. Capela because he's actually started to be really good now, and I don't think you can get a 16/14 guy (his average over the last 10 games) for 16 ish million. Who knows how Harden would feel if Clint got traded.

That leaves a bunch of small salary guys, some non-guaranteed. Guys like House at 3.5, Mac just north of 2, Nene, and so on. You can't get much with that, though some of those guys have talent that outweighs their meager salary. Morris is a possibility, but I don't think someone like Gallinari can be.

EDIT: Along with @Corrosion, if you can't post the whole Athletic article, can you post the snippet that covers the Rockets?