1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] NBA Rank 2015

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mfastx, Sep 23, 2015.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I'll give you ... Melo.

But bring Lowry and George bring alot to their teams, besides scoring and more to a team than offensively flawed Noah and Jordan, along with Draymond Green. Their value is only high, because of their respective teams. It would less significant on worse teams. On the contrary, George, Lowry, and Melo to a point would have the same value on pretty much any team they went to.

Lowry is a good 2nd tier scorer, who can create his shot at times, pretty good shooter, decent playmaker, can run offense very well, and is bulldog on defense. He can carry team offensively through his passing ability, shooting, and scoring.

George, when healthy, is a top-notch scoring wing. He's very athletic and can be a pretty decent playmaker at times. He also happens to be an excellent defender.

Lowry and George aren't mere high volume players, they are well-rounded all-stars. A well-rounded all-star or all-pro player is much better than an excellent contributor who are mostly good on one-side of the ball, exception to Conley. But explain how Conley is better than George, while it's a push at best with Lowry.

Even with Melo, as many players, coaches, and critics say that he is a one-dimensional scorer. Great scorers are always rare in this league, it maybe only a list in a given season of about 3-6 players who can score 25 or more ppg. The league is littered with many above average to great defenders with very little offense.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

There isn't really a 2nd most important player to that team.

There's Curry, and everything that opens up for all the rest of the super athletic and versatile players on the Warriors. And then there's the Warriors defense.

I think the point some of the others are making is it's not a stretch at all to replace DGreen with Bosh (assuming full health), or Al Horford, and see the exact same result - a championship.

Don't get me wrong, Draymond is crazy valuable player. Really valuable. Would LOVE him on the Rockets. But put Draymond on the Rockets last year, and give the Warriors Bosh/Horford (or the like), and the Warriors still win that series... imo

1 person likes this.
  3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I agree with this. Draymond is very good player, but seriously, if the Warriors had Bosh or Horford, healthy. That team could seriously challenge the Bulls 72 wins record, even in the West. Bosh and Horford are both good defenders in their own right, while being offensive maestros. Both are really good shooters with Bosh being more of great playmaker as Horford is great low-post player. Both players arguably could be the 2nd best player on the Warriors vs. Thompson.

Green would be a good player on the Hawks or the Heat from the last five years, but I could say both of those teams are little worse. I know in Miami's case, they'd have only one title, most likely.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly having Green on the Heat team in 2013 might have one it for them that year.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here's how <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward">@DwightHoward</a> has finished in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBArank?src=hash">#NBArank</a> since it began in 2011:
    2011: 2nd
    2012: 3rd
    2013: 7th
    2014: 10th
    2015: 14th</p>&mdash; NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/657603670033506305">October 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. jman7373

jman7373 Member

Who do you think will be in the top 5 and in what order?

7. jman7373

jman7373 Member

My guess based on their new ranking system:

1. Anthony Davis
    2. LeBron James
    3. Steph Curry
    4. James Harden
    5. Kevin Durant (ranked low due to possible injury)

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

My guess:

1) James
    2) Durant
    3) Davis
    4) Curry
    5) Harden

9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Grantland Zach Lowe Picking Rockets as Biggest Threat to the Warriors:

It’s time for an annual tradition: a bunch of random predictions about the upcoming NBA season. For this to be fun, we have to find the sweet spot between bat-crap crazy and probable. Let’s all be wrong together!

1. Houston Emerges As the Biggest Threat to Golden State in the West

There are six things to worry about with the Rockets:

1. They don’t have much good outside shooting, though Ty Lawson should generate some clean spot-up looks for James Harden.

2. It’s impossible to hide both Lawson and Harden on defense.

3. Harden spent time dating a Kardashian, Lawson is dealing with an alcohol problem, and Dwight Howard is Dwight Howard. Do you trust the personalities on this team in gut-check moments?

4. Howard’s farts could incapacitate the entire locker room before a big playoff game.

5. Several key players, including Howard and Donatas Motiejunas, are dealing with injury. If Motiejunas or Terrence Jones is ever out long term, Houston will either have to play more small ball or slot a rookie in at backup power forward.

6. Their defense, ranked sixth in points allowed per possession last season, may regress a hair — even if Howard plays more games. Opponents shot just 32 percent from deep against Houston last season, the lowest such mark in the league. The Rockets had a lot to do with all of those bricks, but that number will creep up.

2015-16 NBA Preview

Everything you need to know about the coming season.But you know what? I love this team. They are freaking loaded with relentless athletes who will never stop running, flying to the rim, launching 3s, and whipping the ball up the court in transition. They are exhausting to play against. They got Lawson for free! K.J. McDaniels may be ready for more time on the wing, Clint Capela is a player, and Harden is going to make a run at MVP again.
    And for all the anxiety about the shaky makeup, these guys held together during the same tense moments in which the Clippers quaked. Howard was great in the playoffs, and he has already led a team to the Finals. Why do we act as if he has accomplished nothing on the big stage?

This team should scare everyone, especially because Daryl Morey has one more trade to make. Count that as an extra prediction: Houston will make one win-now move.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/35...16-nba-season/

10. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

As much hate Howard is given, looks like ESPN still counts him as one of the best.
    NBArank:

#1 X. Anthony Davis
    #2 X. Marc Gasol
    #3 X. LaMarcus Aldridge
    EDIT: OOPS SORRY BLAKE GRIFFIN
    #4 X. DeMarcus Cousins
    #5 14. Dwight Howard
    #6 19. Draymond Green
    #7 22. Chris Bosh
    #8 23. Tim Duncan
    #9 24. Al Horford
    #10 25. DeAndre Jordan
    #11 28. Serge Ibaka
    #12 29. Paul Millsap
    #13 30. Andre Drummond
    #14 31. Zach Randolph
    #15 33. Joakim Noah
    #16 35. Pau Gasol
    #17 42. Rudy Gobert
    #18 47. Greg Monroe
    #19 48. Derrick Favors
    #20 50. Al Jefferson

#170 cdrive, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  11. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Wait, I thought Zach Lowe hated the Rockets and I therefore hated Zach Lowe? Please tell me the reality and how I should feel about it.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He hates watching the rockets but he knows we are good.

13. what

what Member

Remaining players:

1. Curry
    2. James
    3. Harden
    4. A.Davis
    5. Durant
    6. Westbrook
    7. Chris Paul
    8. M.Gasol
    9. Kawhi Leonard
    10.B.Griffin
    11.J.Wall

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I bet Wall is 11

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like I was right.

11-15: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13945813/nbarank-11-15

15. Damian Lillard
    14. Dwight Howard
    13. LaMarcus Aldridge
    12. DeMarcus Cousins
    11. John Wall

Updated Rockets list:

277. Sam Dekker
    265. Clint Capela
    264. Jason Terry
    235. Marcus Thornton
    232. K.J. McDaniels
    165. Corey Brewer
    135. Patrick Beverley
    112. Terrence Jones
    104. Donatas Motiejunas
    94. Trevor Ariza
    67. Ty Lawson
    14. Dwight Howard

16. rullrich

rullrich Member

No Harrell?

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Kawhi Leonard a top 10 player?

18. malakas

malakas Member

If the Warriors had Bosh or Horford then you have to take away all their defensive sheme. And take away their no.1 defence most likely. Because they can't switch and guard as Green.

Value is also versatility and is absolutely vital in such a defensive sheme like the Warriors.

Also people should finally stop including Noah when talking about those things becaue Noah last year was dreadful and now will come off the bench and has bone on bone.

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

He's prob been the most over hyped player this offseason. I know he plays on the Spurs but geez top 10 player is reserved for the super elite too me Damarcus cousins, LMA and even dwight are better than him. I think he's w great player but honestly give me PG over him if PG really is back 100% from injury.

20. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I would put Cousins 7th or 8th.