1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] NBA Rank 2015

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mfastx, Sep 23, 2015.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Good God Almighty this is the worst list of all time

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe but in the right offense he'd be more efficient.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not really. Hoisting long 2's for the better part of the game will never be efficient basketball.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I said the right offense, meaning meaning one where he doesn't shoot long 2s.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

what's the right offense? he's a poor 3 pt shooter.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

An offense that doesn't let him shoot long jumpers.

He could prob get good at corner 3s and being a slasher.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Now Korver is 34 and is a phenomenal as we all know shooter. I am a fan. However he doesn't give defensively what Midds does and he isn't as versatile. In the current NBA with all the small and super small lineups versatillity is precious.I am a fan of Korver tho and was glad he was an All star. Same for Green. Would take Kash over him because of versatility.
    But I respect your opinion. Have you watched any matches of Middleton before calling him overrated though? He is an elite shooter with an extremely fast release himself.

the right offence is the 90s. Demar can't extend his range no matter how much he has tried and his defence in the last year has abandoned him completely. Moreover he plays an iso selfish chucking game and needs the ball in his hands.
    I wouldn't trade him for Middleton even in their current contracts.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I will grant you I haven't seen him play much. Of course his two games against the Rockets where Harden went OFF and he only averaged 11/3/3, I saw his playoff games where he only shot 38%, and a handful of other games throughout the season. Maybe I just happened to watch his poor games.

Didn't he hit a couple of game winners? Maybe that's why people are so excited.

9. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Middleton a top 5 sg??
    1. Harden
    2. Thompson
    3. Butler
    4. Beal
    5.Wade
    6. Oladipo
    7. D. Green
    8. Matthews before injury

10. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Middleton over Beal? I can't buy that. Beal is bigtime and he's always stepped it up in the playoffs. Maybe Middleton develops further but I think that Beal will always be better.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

36-40: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13893051/nbarank-36-40

40. Giannis Antetokounmpo
    39. Jeff Teague
    38. Goran Dragic
    37. Eric Bledsoe
    36. Bradley Beal

Current Rockets:

277. Sam Dekker
    265. Clint Capela
    264. Jason Terry
    235. Marcus Thornton
    232. K.J. McDaniels
    165. Corey Brewer
    135. Patrick Beverley
    112. Terrence Jones
    104. Donatas Motiejunas
    94. Trevor Ariza
    67. Ty Lawson

12. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Is it crazy that I could see Middleton making it onto the All-Star squad?

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I thought so as well but damn, Malakas is right. Statistically, Middleton is right there with Beal but is a better defender and their shooting % are kinda similar. He's a better shooter than Vic O but Victor put up more points and I guess Middleton might be slightly better than him defensively.

I guess most of us are probably sleeping on Middleton and need to "get woke"? I'm def gonna make it a point to watch more Middleton when watching the Bucks this season(and not just focus on Giannis).

14. malakas

malakas Member

As long as Wade is healthy he will be there. He is a star and is in a huge market. Then Buttler after him.

Well Midds was a second rounder and in a fringe playoff team so it's normal that he isnt' as hyped as Beal or Dipo. Moreover his game isnt' flashy and there aren't any "team defence" highlights. If he was born 5 years before he probably wouldn't get paid even much because it's only recent that fans and teams pay so much attention to advanced stats and efficiency and give much more importance to versatility and 3 point shooting.
    If he was in a team with an established star Middleton would look much better since he wouldn't be double teamed all the time. Right now he is the only one of the starting five who can strech the floor.

On the other hand Beal is 2 years younger than Kash even though they have the same years in the league. He is not a finished product. But he is very injury prone which has humpered his development. If he manages to remain healthy improves his shot selection and his efficiency then he will be a top 5 sg. He has a high ceilling.
    Also Skiles is the new Orlando coach. He will beat the defence into Dipo by force if he has to.:grin: I expect him to be much improved in that next year. (but not in shooting).
    Kash if he wants to take the next step must try to raise his free throws drawn and show his handles by making more plays for his teammates. But he is a workhorse. That's for sure.

To prove I'm not a homer if I made this list, from the Bucks I would put the starting five like that
    MCW: Top 150
    Jabari: Top 100
    Monroe: Top 75
    GA: Top 60 (because of extreme versatility in both ends of the floor. When you can put one player from sg to c during the same game and expect good defence that is extremely valuable.)
    Midds: Top 45 as in the list.

The list as is, overrates too much young players and takes for granted improvement that may come or not. And underrates role players like Ariza. But when it comes to contributions to a team and how good a player is a great roleplayer is more valuable than a top rookie or sophomore.
    Also depth of positions has to be taken somewhat into account too. A good pointguard shouldn't be ranked as high as a good wing. Because it's almost impossible to find a good two way wing nowadays. But every team must have wings in their roster. Can't play with only pgs and pfs.

15. malakas

malakas Member

can't believe that Joakim Noah is ranked no. 33. This is the most complete joke of all. Almost anyone in the top100 including rookies has a case over Noah.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

ESPN NBA Rank Nos. 31-35: Randolph, Hayward, Noah, Lowry, P. Gasol

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

31-35: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13895955/nbarank-31-35

35. Pau Gasol
    34. Kyle Lowry
    33. Joakim Noah
    32. Gordon Hayward
    31. Zach Randolph

Current Rockets:

277. Sam Dekker
    265. Clint Capela
    264. Jason Terry
    235. Marcus Thornton
    232. K.J. McDaniels
    165. Corey Brewer
    135. Patrick Beverley
    112. Terrence Jones
    104. Donatas Motiejunas
    94. Trevor Ariza
    67. Ty Lawson

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Oops, thanks for updating today.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

26-30: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13926268/nbarank-26-30

30. Andre Drummond
    29. Paul Millsap
    28. Serge Ibaka
    27. Carmelo Anthony
    26. Paul George

People are getting riled up about today haha. I'm honestly surprised that Howard has lasted this long, given that he only played half a season last year. Especially since Melo and George fell so far given their injuries. I'd be shocked if he's in the top 20.

Current Rockets:

277. Sam Dekker
    265. Clint Capela
    264. Jason Terry
    235. Marcus Thornton
    232. K.J. McDaniels
    165. Corey Brewer
    135. Patrick Beverley
    112. Terrence Jones
    104. Donatas Motiejunas
    94. Trevor Ariza
    67. Ty Lawson

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Carmelo gets hated on a lot, but there aren't 26 players in the league better than him. That's absurd. Paul George was injured, but also very much too low.

Also...in what world is Joakim Noah a Top 35 player the NBA?