1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] NBA Players on How to Stop James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J Sizzle, Feb 4, 2015.

1. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

No one, but Harden stops Harden.

2. downbytheriver

Why is Parsons in the group of players being interviewed?He cant stop anything let alone the mvl

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

5. What do you think of his mental makeup?

Butler: "His emotions come from offense. Big plays, big shots."

This is the truth and that's how Bulter attacked Harden.

When you play Harden hard and physical and lock him down, his defense will be very bad and disinterested.

4. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

Didn't realize the playoffs happened in December.

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

1. You are an idiot if you think Matthews stopped Harden. Harden stopped himself with his crappy shooting. You don't stop elite scorers, you hope you slow them down and they have off nights.

2. Who the **** actually cares that the game wasn't during the playoffs. It still proved that when Harden is Harden, Matthews is counting his lucky stars to just SLOW him down.

6. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

Personal attacks are allowed on clutchfans now?

7. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

the jordan rules

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

so matthews didnt do anything to slow harden down at all? it was just harden having off nights during that series?

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah. Matthews gave Harden fits at times, but Harden just missed a bunch of open shots. It was hardly due to Matthews locking him down or anything.

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Great read my man!!! Love the recogntion and respect he is EARNING from around the league. It's time for his teammates to feed off him. Screens, off ball movement, finishing plays, having confidence in your shot. Sure all that is cliched but I do believe once this team REALLY realizes what we have we would be a foce to deal with come April- May shid, June.

1 person likes this.
  11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Matthews slowed down Harden as much as a traffic cone or Kevin Martin would have. Harden missed a TON of easy shots and never got into rhythm no matter which Portland guard was in font of him. I would argue that questionable calls by refs during that series slowed Harden down more than Matthews did.

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I remember the last 2 quarters in both games 1 and 2 Harden missed SO MANY great opportunities. Give credit to Matthews from playing him tough all seris but Harden locked down Harden. Simple as that.

13. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

With these kinds of claims, I don't think you're in any position to call someone else an "idiot."

14. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

I'd tell some of you guys to go back and watch the games, but it would prolly be too painful. :cool:

15. Exiled

Exiled Member

Parson is recruiting Harden

16. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I thought Oladipo looked up to him; Parsons was going overboard complimenting him and Butler was begrudgingly giving compliments haha.

17. vator

vator Contributing Member

I remember making a thread about the TEAM defense that was being played against Harden and how the Rockets coaching staff failed to adjust to it. What the Blazers did was very effective. Matthews forced him to go to his right hand and they had an extra defender or two ready to help and double him at all times after he got past that initial line of defense. There was not very much room for Harden to operate. What happened to Harden that series was a collective team effort, not the individual defensive brilliance of one single perimeter player.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=253961

James had a very good Game 6. Too bad he wasn't able to play more games and redeem himself further. Most people have completely forgotten how bad guys like Durant and Westbrook among other looked during the 1st round last year. James wasn't the only star that had struggles.

18. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

lulwut, it is an internet forum. people use ad hominem attacks like druggies use heroin.

19. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Chandler Parsons: "Force him right, be physical with him and try and keep him off the free throw line. Try and limit his touches and make him a half-court player."

ha ha. I thought this might be with great defensive players giving advice. I have been wrong at least once today.

20. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

We have a winner. :cool: