1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN NBA Female Analyst Doris Burke Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by macalu, May 8, 2008.

1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Her voice is so monotone and she knows nothing of the game.

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Let's agree to disagree, since I expect colour commentators to offer unique insights that I can't (example: Jerry Sloan is disgusted with double teaming on the high post because he's a strange old man. The Triangle Offense is designed to spread the floor, so that Kobe or anyone else has room to operate in the post. This is why Kobe got that easy shot...as opposed to "oh, guys, you just can't leave Kobe so open...he's really good and will make you pay", something even the casual fan can pick out in about 2 seconds.)

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

She is fine. I think the posts complaining about her supposed "lack of knowledge" are reactionary and exaggerated. She is seems plenty knowledgeable about the NBA and basketball in general, no matter her experience.

Clyde Drexler played in the NBA for 14 years and he often sounds like he has no idea what he is talking about.

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Agreed. Some real haters in this thread. I hated her at first, but when you actually listen to her she does a decent job and she knows her stuff. Unlike Swin Cash. Oh god, she's terrible.

I think it's because she's a woman, and people don't want to accept that a woman can know a lot about basketball and have the skills to call a game.

5. McYao

McYao Member

agreed...Her delivery, like someone said isn't that great, but she definitely knows her stuff.. I don't see how ppl can argue with that.. She knows certain tendencies of players and it's actually refreshing to know that a woman knows that much about the nba.

6. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

hated her at first, respect her more now. she takes just a bit of getting used to but you'll realize she really is unbiased, looks at non-calls/flops correctly, and actually knows her stuff quite well.

7. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Is it discriminatory to label someone else as discriminatory? :eek:

I hate her for bad commentating, just like how I hate certain men (REGGIE....CLYDE :mad:). I may be a hater, but I hate all equally. Now maybe I'm missing something...but seriously, for me, she just doesn't do it and it's not because she's a woman.