1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: MVP rankings - Lowry No. 10

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrjohn, Feb 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

2. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

He's very valuable to our team but he's not MVP material until he starts carrying the team like a leader and produce more consistently

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Well it is true, without him we'd be turrible. We can win games with Scola and Martin sitting, but I don't feel the same way without him.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

A slump is a slump.

Lowry performed well for more than a season, yet it was not enough to prove that he improved permanently.

Now Lowry performs disappointingly for a few weeks, and it's somehow convincing evidence that he's overrated.

5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I love Lowry but he hasn't been playing well enough to merit that, if you ask me.

If we're talking the Lowry of the first two weeks only, then sure, 10 is an understatement.

Over the whole season he rates (roughly) as both top 10 offensively and top 10 defensively among starting point guards, and the combo puts him as more or less a top 5 point guard, but all of those come with a 'barely' attached. I have every confidence he'll better that when he works out whatever his current malfunction is, but based on results so far? He's valuable, but not top ten most valuable based on recent returns.

6. Mashing

Mashing Member

I think Lowry has a big game tonight in San Antonio so to make us forget about his recent struggles. #10 in MVP voting is awfully generous though.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Paul Milsap is number 9?

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

That dude been a monster on both sides of the ball. He's at an all-star level easily!

9. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

doesn't deserve it as of right now

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Kevin Love sure is highly rated for having a sub .500 record. He's over D rose..?

11. CertifiedTroll

I love this compliment as much as any Rockets fan should, but I feel Lowry does not deserve it unless he is willing to have the ball in his hand at clutch time every game. I really hope someday the Rockets will have a go to guy for end game situations.. Hopefully Lowry will step it up