1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ESPN] Miles Austin is the best reciver in Texas (LOL)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Ramathorn006, Jul 22, 2010.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

How long was it before the girls finally won a playoff game? Get off your high horse.

The Texans are loaded with young talent and will be good for a long time.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Thirded.

I'm enjoying these last few pages of the thread though, as I can only view about half the replies.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Obviously they meant Andre Johnson, must have been a typo.

4. msn

msn Member

all this back-and-forth is worthless if the Texans don't beat those prima donnas.

We owe them a serious ass-kicking based on our last regular-season meeting.

Go Texans!

5. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

personally, i'm waiting for better Texans trolls to come out before I make the jump.

You ever go out with friends that bring along someone you don't really know/ don't like? You are at the bar and suddenly your friend-of-a-friend is picking a fight with a huge group of guys for no reason? Now you are in a fight with a jacked 6'8" gang banger wondering how your nice night turned to trash because of some guy you don't even want on your team?

thats what ryan17 being a cowboys fan is like.

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Typical Cowsheep apologist response. By all means, let's not let the facts get in the way here. Everything I pointed out has been reported and verified even up here in Dallas. If none of this stuff happened - if all of these incidents are the vile vindictive fabrications of the media, then by all means, here's your chance to offer some proof to the contrary instead of spouting the standard Cowsheep PR BS.

No, it's not against the rules to have dinner with an ex-NFL player but it's against the rules to contact someone to act in the capacity of an agent. If it was just dinner, the NCAA wouldn't have given a rat's ass about what was on the menu. Once again, we get the standard Cowsheep response: it was only dinner. Well, we both agree on his being dumb because that little stunt (for which he blames the media reports for getting him in trouble) caused him to drop like a dead chicken in the draft and cost him millions. For his sake, I hope the wine was worth it.

Well, had you bothered to follow the story past the bombastic headline, you'd have learned that several people present at that interview with Jeff Ireland came forth and disclosed the context in which that question was asked. Ireland was caught completely off guard when your boy declared his father to be a "pimp" and that his mother "worked for his father". I mean, what else was Ireland supposed to think? That Dez's mother was a nurse? But somehow, Dez left out his little family description when he was whining to the media (the very same media he blames for his troubles) that Ireland had called his mother a ho. I don't know how things operate the Roxboys universe but here on planet earth, I would NEVER give anyone the impression that my mother sold her body for sex because they might just call me out on it (Hey! Then I could blame the media too).

Lies? From Tim Colishaw's article in the 7/27 Dallas Morning News: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon.../stories/072710dnspocowlishawcol.3557f9f.html

And so a story of national significance continued to unfold here in the Alamodome where rookie Dez Bryant, who had refused to carry Roy Williams' pads Sunday, ran off the field without doing interviews Monday.

After the first three practices, Bryant had been the most accommodating of interview subjects, staying 20, even 30 minutes to talk and talk and talk.

But once his reluctance to go along with a fairly obscure part of Cowboys' tradition became public knowledge, Bryant chose to run from the story. He could have put it to rest by carrying Williams' pads Monday and joking about it.

Colishaw sums up Dez pefectly: you have to begin to wonder if the Cowboys' first-round pick is one of those guys who just can't steer clear of trouble everywhere he goes.

Even the minor kind such as this.

First came the suspension from Oklahoma State followed by his slide in the draft. Then came the stories of his revealing his father to be a pimp in pre-draft talks which led to comments about his mother followed by stories of her arrest charges.

Then after Tuesday's practice, poor little Dez stopped running and struck back against his tormentors in the media by declaring that they (media) were trying to make him "look bad". Again, his whining is widely reported all over Dallas media outlets but on planet Roxboys, these, too, are lies even when there is video of Bryant making them. Like I said before: he's well on the way to becoming Michael Irvin Part Deux.

7. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Texans have been "loaded" and still nothing has happened. When was the last time a Houston pro football has won a playoff game? 1986. Ouch.

8. Ashes

Ashes Member

9. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

Not that it's a big deal or anything, but for accuracy's sake - the Houston Oilers actually beat the Jets in a Wild Card game in 1991 by the score of 17-10.

Carry on.

10. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Hey Ryan17!!

I got one thing to say to you..

19 - 10

Do those numbers mean anything to you?