1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Miles Austin is the best reciver in Texas (LOL)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Ramathorn006, Jul 22, 2010.

1. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Yeah, it sucks to a GM who has won three Super Bowls. The Texans will never experience that.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

Glanced through the thread. It seems no one mentioned Joyner's article two years ago when he pumped up Fred Bennett as the next big CB. Man, that turned out REALLY good. Hopefully Austin follows FB's incredible career path. :)

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Much respect for Austin, but I do want him to flounder just a little, because Cowboy fans at Cowboys-Forum.com have deemed him better than Andre Johnson already. It's a shame.

4. YouCompleteMe

YouCompleteMe Member

Wow, a receiver has one good year and people are ranking him above AJ? Give me a break.

5. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Nah. Austin is already a Pro Bowl, FB never was nor ever will be.

6. DontTradeOswalt

I know, I like Miles Austin and I think the Cowboys are a good team but its hard not to hate them when their fans are ignorant and think all their players are the best in the league. The three best wide recievers in the league are Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, and Andre Johnson, why can't cowboys fans accept that?

BTW, can someone explain why their fans think Romo and Phillips will lead them to a Super Bowl win?

7. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Because they have one of the top offenses and defenses in the league. If you had a team like that to root for, you would understand.

8. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

And they will still choke. :p

You can talk about your Cowboys having the best QB, WR, DE, water boy, whatever. They still have nothing to show for it in the last decade.

[​IMG]

uuhh almost. :grin:

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm not sure why that pro bowl means anything. Plenty of PB players end up sucking... some very quickly. Just because Austin had a pro bowl season doesn't take away from the fact that he's still a one-year wonder. Steve Slaton didn't do too bad two years ago.

I'm sorry. I don't have any particular hate for the Cowboys(don't really care either way). And I know they've been a lot more successful than the Texans, but it's not much to hang your hat on when you had 1 playoff win since the Texans inception.

The Cowboys are like the Rockets. Lots regular season success, seems like a good team, and crap in the postseason. Quite frankly, not worth much attention if they weren't the Cowboys.

10. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

actually you guys fired Jimmy Johnson.

12. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Every team but one chokes every year. But no one fails more than a Houston pro football team. The meltdown against Buffalo in 93. The Rosen-Copter game. And the 20 point meltdown against the Colts last year. All epic, classic fails.

13. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

the texans 'inception' isn't like the the birth of Christ where things get judged when they happened. The success of the Cowboys compared to any Houston pro football team will always be greater.

14. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

actually you guys got rid of the Oilers. And got rid of Warren Moon. Do you know how crazy Houston would of been in 2000 if the AFC title game where here??

I'd rather get rid of a coach than get rid of a franchise. Coaches are replaceable, a team's history isn't.

15. DontTradeOswalt

What was the score against the Vikings game in the playoffs? I forgot? :grin:

Oops that wasn't a choke, that was a real team playing another team that had no business being there, my bad :p

And if the Texans get one playoff victory, the'll have the same success as the Cowboys have had in the last 8 years

16. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

My team has three Super Bowl wins in my lifetime. You will never experience that EVER and probably won't experience a division title or playoff win anytime soon. Ahhhhhhh.

17. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

But you are a Rockets fan though correct?

18. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

University of Houston alum. Where we produce legends like Olajuwon, Drexler and Hayes who go on to HOF careers.

19. DontTradeOswalt

Hope you enjoyed those moments there buddy, you also experienced 14 years of not getting out of the first round, can you tell me how that felt? Because I'll probably never experience that too

am not a huge Texans fan or football fan so I really could care less if they win a superbowl, even thought I want them to do good

20. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Awesome. You just admitted to not being a man. How does that feel? You're probably not a native Texan then. You sound like a ferry from San Francisco. Congrats.