1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]Mavs, Wizards talking multiplayer deal (Rox Mentioned)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GodzPeepz, Feb 12, 2010.

1. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

:eek:

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

we know.

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

DM has balked at all the deals thrown at us because they all require us to give up one of our rotation guys. DM has consistently said NO except for a franchise player like Bosh. So he overvalues his players. I agree with him.

Those of you who say Battier should be traded, wait till we play Kobe or Lebron again in a match where our team is competitive and you will see how valuable he is. Heck, he can even be future coach material.

Butler/Haywood may have helped us immediately but would not be the cornerstone players that we plan long-term for. I won't lose so much sleep over them.

NY is basically the only team that wants TMac the player. The last trade option, DM says, if nothing else pans out, is to simply swap TMac's expiring for similar expiring contracts this year.

1 person likes this.
  4. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Well D.M. BETTER do something regarding a trade even if its a small one... :mad:

I could just see it now...

D.M.'s BIG MOVE AT TRADING DEADLINE:

ESPN reports that the Houston Rockets have traded their 2nd rounder (whoever has this player) for the rights to Gerald Green! LOL... FAIL. :confused: :mad: :confused:

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

what is really telling about this is that the rockets had the 3 way trade worked out with the knicks and wiz... and the report was that it was the rockets that put it on hold.

makes me think that morey found something he likes better, but wanted to hold onto the wiz/knicks deal as a fall back... but in the mean time the wiz went ahead with another deal.

lets hope morey will be able to work out whatever trade he thought was better than caron butler.

6. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Chicago will be our trade partner.

7. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

The other possibility is that Morey didn't like some aspect of the deal and wouldn't concede to what another team was asking us to give up or take back.

I'm more inclinded to believe this was the case based on some of the reports.

That, or Dallas simply trumped our offer.

#87 BrooksBall, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

If it makes anyone feel better, this is Bill Simmons' latest tweet...

sportsguy33 If that Wash-Dallas trade happens, the Wizards should cancel "Throw Feces At Our Fans" Night because it would be redundant.

9. acefan18

acefan18 Member

I think a trade with golden state is the best option we have. They can offer us Ellis, Maggette, Andres B., or Randolph, I would prefer most of these guys over Butler

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

probably both.

i dont think morey would too keen on taking back stevenson. at the same time dallas was able to offer lower incoming salary, while morey was trying to lower the rockets incoming salary.

one thing is for sure, there are only 2 or 3 "buyers" left on the market (houston, cleveland, maybe boston) and quite a few "sellers" (chicago, detroit, golden state, indiana, philadelphia, sacramento, and utah), so there is still a good chance that the rockets will get something they want.

1 person likes this.
  11. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Generally speaking, post more often Smoothie. Your posts reflect good knowledge and are well thought out and coherent. repped ya for the hell of it.

(I'm in a little bit of a bad mood with Butler going to Dallas, So I'm catching up on some reppin I've been meaning to do for some of the longer standing members around here.)

1 person likes this.
  12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

thanks dude.

i'm a little upset too. i really thought that butler and haywood would get us to the playoffs this season and provide some cap relief in the near future. would've been a good trade but butler isn't the best fit because of his age, injury history, and shaky 3pt shot. so don't feel too bad.

13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Here's another theory: A frequent NBA M.O. is that the GM fishes for deals and works out whatever details the other side(s) demand or will accept, and then the owner has final say. So maybe Morey was ready to do the deal and Les (presumably for money reasons) said the terms were unacceptable, and Morey couldn't get the other parties to agree to Les's terms.

1 person likes this.
  14. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

It's going to be a longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg 6 days..

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

great point.

as i said earlier the mavs offer was able to lower the wizards payroll this year, while the rockets were looking to lower their own payroll.

if the wizards wanted the rockets to take on equal or more salary than they were sending out, i would bet les turns it down on the spot.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't feel like making a thread about it...but Cavs and suns are talking.

I promise if Amare goes to Cleveland for Hickson and Wally Sczerbiak... wow i'd feel like the NBA was fixed...talk about a one sided deal...

17. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Good thought. Another very real possibility.

18. worzel gummidge

Excellent. Amare couldn't play alongside Shaq the first time around... Maybe the Suns will also part with Nash if they go for youth and salary dump.

19. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

This way to you're new home.

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the sixers cooled off talks with the rockets when amare became available.

maybe if amare was off the market the rockets would be back in the lead for iggy.