1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]Mavs, Wizards talking multiplayer deal (Rox Mentioned)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GodzPeepz, Feb 12, 2010.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Don't underestimate Scola's value!

2. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I dont know about being a Jazz fan but yeah WTF Battier? I would trade his ass in a minute, he is worthless this year and it seems he is on the decline.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

I agree that they've become glued/attached to Battier(how ironic :cool: ). Battier serves no real use this year as we are not contender. Next year his contract expires. If you think you're gonna make a run next year, fine keep him, if not, well then he has no real use being here in the first place.

But calm down people! It's not the end of the world that Butler is gone.

4. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Its just disappointing. Its like you are expecting something and it doesnt happen. All this anticipation and rumors and nothing, zilch, nada...

5. LifeisButaDream

Butler and Haywood. :eek:

6. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think Power Forward is our strongest position. (Counting Hayes as a PF.)

If we do get a big man back and keep Scola...it's just going to be harder to get guys like Andersen and Dorsey Mins. I think it is time for Landry to get the starting PF spot. How much longer is he going to want to come off the bench? (Carl seems like a guy who will just do as he told and do his best...but you have to know the guy thinks he should probably be starting)

I'd trade Scola...like the Alston thing last year. It is time for Mandry to start, and Scola could help us with something we have been missing, a scoring 2/3 guard. Like Butler or Ellis.

8. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Damn Morey! :mad:

Really hope something happens. That's one trade idea that we can scratch off.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Just go away. We don't want anybody who would ever contemplate rooting for the Jazz. You are dead to me.

1 person likes this.
  11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i'm anxious to see what morey will eventually do....there comes a time when playing it safe and by the numbers isn't enough anymore and i'm worried this is it.....after morey/les said during the summer that they were willing to make a big move and pay the money to bring in the right player i thought we were going to see some ballsy moves....but now we're haring about saving money, avoiding the tax, etc...maybe the right player truly isnt avilable and within reason, but maybe they were full of it. As a fan you want your team to make the big moves, the gutsty moves, that can pay off big.....Cuban does it...but on the other hand the mavs havent exactly gone anywhere, sure they made the finals, but they seems to be very up and down and just kind of hanging around....makes you wish they pulled a Boston...gotta wait and see..

12. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

the pedophile beat us to Butler[​IMG]

13. Road Rash

Road Rash Member

Let's go after Amare Stoudamire

According to Suns fans, they all seem to think he's played his last game as a Sun.

14. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Jeezus... Damn Mavs always stealing out thunder. I'm not happy about this one. :mad:

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Dallas didn't give up any long-term player in that deal. So why would their deal beat ours? WE would have had to give up a Buddinger or whomever?

Hopefully Morey forced Cuban's hand to keep him away from the deal he really wants. I hope this isn't some misbegotten hold-out for an All-Star who won't be available anyway.

So, where do we turn? Philadelphia? Chicago? New (barf) York?

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Good idea Washington, trade for another knucklehead, you don't have enough of those.

17. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Brendan Haywood is still available. ;)

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Philly is dead unless they freak at the last minute, NY is likely but what variation is the question but I always hear people say to not forget Chicago. I could stomach Thomas, Miller and Salmons as a fall back.

I still think things aren't dead with Washington, they still have pieces like Miller, Haywood, and Blatche that would make the team better.

GS is my darkhorse and never discount Amar'e still being an option if PHX becomes desperate and wants to shed salary.

19. Road Rash

Road Rash Member

[​IMG]

20. choujie

choujie Member

Maybe Tmac's value is even lower than it sounds? Maybe Washington is interested in Josh Howard and Drew Gooden more than Tmac this season and after this season?