1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]Mavs, Wizards talking multiplayer deal (Rox Mentioned)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GodzPeepz, Feb 12, 2010.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I would be ok with...

Rox get Miller/Blatche/Hughes

Wiz get Harrington

Knicks get TMAC/Cook

Rox get a player they've wanted for a while in Miller while acquiring his bird rights, young big man to develop in Blatche and a huge expiring deal in Hughes.

Wiz get rid of almost 2.7 million in salary which gets them closer to avoiding the LT while aquiring another player to help them post Caron Butler with Howard.

Knicks...well get their TMAC and a Cook

DO IT MOREY!!!

2. worzel gummidge

If true, that could mean the main competitor for Kevin Martin is out of the picture. Petrie's saying they're not trading him but it's not working in Sac. Morey had to pay a high price for Artest I hope if they get something done they make up for this time around.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Maybe Ellis? Not sure. From the Yahoo report, looks like they were maybe talks about their Center Andris Biedrins. Obviously another piece or two would have to be added for T-Mac. Randolph has also been a hot name from their team connected with the Rockets(who the Rockets supposedly are "in love with" or in other words really really like) but he looks like he'll be out for the season.

From the Clippers, I was thinking along the lines of Camby(who expires) but not sure who they'd want back. Also, there are reports of the Clippers looking to move Al Thornton and Sebastian Telfair to cut/slash salary. Obviously no need for Telfair and I guess no real need for Thornton either as we have Ariza, Battier, Budinger.

However, again from the Yahoo report, maybe there were talks between Utah and Houston for Kirilenko, who plays SF so that was/is a little puzzling to me.

Not sure where we go from here as AI9 and CB3 are out of the picture, but I like to think Morey will get something done involving McGrady.

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

From Marc Spears' twitter...

SpearsNBAYahoo Trade sending Wash Butler for Dallas Howard could be going down soon, a source told Y! Sports.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

6. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

Looks like a done deal to Dallas...

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Wizards near completion of trade that sends Caron Butler and DeShawn Stevenson to Dallas for Josh Howard and one other player, source says.

Butler/Stevenson
    for
    Howard/filler

Oh well...who's next?

7. Road Rash

Road Rash Member

"Washington has continued to seek more than mere payroll relief from Houston. The Rockets have balked at including any of the players in their long-term plans -- such as Shane Battier, Carl Landry, Luis Scola or Kyle Lowry "

If we could get Butler and Haywood for McGrady and Battier... pull the trigger!!!

Butler is way better than battier, and Haywood could be an excellent player for us this year and as a great backup for Yao next year which would allow us to not have to over-play Yao.

I would get that trade done ASAP if it's possible

8. LifeisButaDream

9. Egghead

Egghead Member

10. Audioout

Audioout Member

11. worzel gummidge

Mavericks get their very own "Richard Jefferson".

12. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

wtf im pissed dallas of all places will probably end up with Butler.

13. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Morey is getting taken to the woodshed because he overvalues role players [period]

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He can improve our shooting,but he will be a liability everywhere else. Not worth it in my opinion.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

If you wanna crown their ass then crown 'em!!!

Mavs got Marion - "Oooh! Look out for Dallas this year" Not so fast, not as good as people thought and certainly underachieved.
    Spurs got Jefferson - "Oohhh, the Spurs are reloading! Where the F is Morey with all these teams making moves!? :mad:" How did that work out?

I'll hold reserved judgement on Butler to Dallas for now.

1 person likes this.
  17. LifeisButaDream

not even for cook?

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And so do the people on this forum.

Saying Battier and Scola are valuable pieces to this team...THIS team is out of the playoffs today.

Tmac for Ellis and Biedrens. I'd do that if I were the Warriors and if I were the Rockets.

Warriors: They get a expiring, Curry and Ellis has the potential to be a failure, they both need the ball at least up to this point that is proven. Not only do you get rid of 2 bad contracts, you get 21 expiring and possibly Tmac isn't going to stop the team from being bad so they would get their top 3 pick.

Rockets: It is obvious, we get a young Center back but more importantly we get a scorer the likes of Ellis. This isn't about THIS year for us, this is about contending next year. Can we do that...idk but Ellis MIGHT make Brooks Expendable and Biedrins might make another big expendable and maybe we can flip that for the missing piece. Because it is obvious if Curry and Ellis do not work, Brooks and Ellis might not work either....But Lowry and Ellis...

IDK MOREY HAS TO DO SOMETHING

Tmac is worthless to us, his expiring barely does anything for us. He has to understand to get something you have to give up something.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The Rockets have balked at including any of the players in their long-term plans -- such as Shane Battier, Carl Landry, Luis Scola or Kyle Lowry

Seriously? Most overrated player of all time. Who is "the rockets"? Les?Morey?Adelman? This is where I question their intelligence

Im so close to becoming a jazz fan.

20. worzel gummidge

With the perceived level of talent the Wiz hold they should be better than what they are or have been for years. Missing Arenas and the gun drama is no excuse.

1 person likes this.