1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN-Luther Head top ten rookies

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bplld, Nov 22, 2005.

1. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

Link

His stats are among the best rookies, including the best 3 point percentage.

Rookie Stats

#1 bplld, Nov 22, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Can you post the article? The link takes you to a login page. Either way, thanks.

I'm glad someone on this team is doing surprisingly well sof ar.

3. bplld

I didnt notice it was insider, fixed it though.

4. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

Finally, some good news. :) Thanks.

5. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

thats something good to hear!! but its still not enough from the sting i get knowing the rockets have the worst record in the west.. just so sad....

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i didn't know we were the worst in the west! :(

nice to see luther getting some love.

7. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

So after the whole intensive bashing of Toronto's decision, those two rookies they picked aren't doing bad. Just another proof that those experts on TV are just on par with average fans on this board, or even worse:D

8. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Great. Now can we get him at least 25 minutes a night to see what he can really do? I know that JVG doesn't want to show up the vets by benching them for a rook, but we're dying for scoring.

9. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I love Channing Frye, wish we had him, CD ought to see if they are interested in trading him for Stromile Swift.

10. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

perfect - they sign him to a 5 year deal so they could trade him after 10 games

:rolleyes:

11. emptydude

emptydude Member

wow, head!!!

12. bplld

Head for ROY.

I missed the game, can someone tell me if Head was playing the point a lot during the game, and how was his defense? Cause if he was covering terry, thats bad D.

13. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

I'm thinking his stock will rise some after the Dallas game. :D

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

A star was born. He looked best at the point. Pushed the ball, made good decisions, excellent drives, fought for rebounds, hit the three consistently. His defense was not as outstanding as his offense, but it wasn't bad either. Very impressive performance. Late in the game he was called for "palming" on a drive to the basket. He came right back and made a driving lay-up. That showed me something. This kid is cold-blooded. And he has major hops. Mark it down, Head is not a one game wonder, he will star.

15. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I said he might be the best thing that happened this off season. He certainly didn't play like a rookie with less than 10 games under his belt. Had minimum mistakes, penetrated and made 3s. One of the problems with this team is the lineup isn't set but Luther may play himself into a permanent starting spot pretty soon.

16. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

Luther Head just looks better and better every time he's out there. As soon as he learns to finish a little better, he'll be a potent scorer. Maybe he'll evolve into a combo guard that plays point, because he sure looks good as a penetrator, and he'll actually kick the ball out if his shot's not there.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know if this is a pipedream or not. What if Head develops into something like Wade? A dynasty is born! :) How high was Wade ranked in his rookie class?

18. PhiSlammaJamma

He made the game look easy last night. I can't remember us ever getting into the lane so easily. He has a little herk jerk at the finish too, but unlike cassell he gets to the rim. He should be starting. I did not think he would be this good. I honestly thought we would draft the Carolina shooting guard. I'm not even sure the Illinois fans thought he would be this good. They kinda laugh that he even became a starter at illinois. They kinda snicker when he got drafted. Now look at him. He looks better than all the illini playas. He looks like the real deal. I don't see any real flaws in his game. Wade is a finisher. So I don't think he'll ever be that good. But he parts of his game are better than Wade such as the long ball.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

20. roxgirl

roxgirl Member

Check duu on the ground...wait, that's not Yao...must have been a foul on Yao.