1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] LeBron James to the Rockets? Here's how it could happen this summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

U all of the sudden got a friend who knows details about what Lebron’s agent has been doing huh?

2. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Ok, I'll bite. I bet Tilman would sell him some shares in the Rockets when he retires and even given him a junior GM role with Morey as his mentor. We can even sign LeBron up for some advanced analytics classes in the off-season to get him prepared for the GM journey.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry, I couldn't resist.

hakeem94, daywalker02 and ryano2009 like this.
  3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Magic can't stop tampering.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Golly! What happened to your friend's friend, the agent? Did your source get lost in the speculation?
    Was it Lost in Translation?

A friendly FYI. We don't much care around here for a post about a so-called, "friend of a friend who heard from his cousin's maiden aunt that adopted the girl that is married to a friend of the agent's ex-wife's former mother-in-law. Oh, and I forgot everyone's name, but that's OK because I got sauces!"

#105 Deckard, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    mikol13 likes this.
  6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Winning more championships will get him a lot of attention and money too

Something he can’t do in LA

7. SORF

SORF Member

LeBron has done LA entertainment business while in Cleveland the past few years...he produced "the Wall" game show for the last two years.

Also, I think EG would like a trade to Cleveland...he would be 50 minutes away from his hometown, Indianapolis. United has two Indy/Cleveland flight circles. Houston to Indy, to Cleveland back to Houston. The other is the reverse, Houston to Cleveland, to Indy, to Houston. Either way he is 50 minutes away from his home of Indy or Cleveland if traded...cheaply too. I also think US Air has the same circles with NYC. I think EG would agree to this trade.

Hoosiers like to stay connected to hometown and love to return home.

#107 SORF, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

****....dont say that bro, I would like to stay optimistic.:(:(:(

9. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

LeBron, Carmelo and Paul had "went as far as to detail individual matchups between that hypothetical Rockets team and the Warriors, surmising that he and the Rockets could take out the Warriors," Begley reported. ASSIST GRANTED. I actually think the 2nd one is the easy part and I believe Marley has Sac, Chi, and others lined up to take away the Cavs leverage for the 1st part. I actually think the chatter we heard around the trade deadline was Marley lining this up. "Perfer et obdura, dolor hic tibi proderit olim." Marley has a long history of persistence bordering on stalking. Those people usually win if they don't go to jail first.

pippendagimp and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Need to put this pic onto the picture of Morey behind the glass writing equations. or looking over Morey's shoulder.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The thought of losing PJ Tucker in a Lebron trade BECAUSE we can't move Ryan Anderson makes my blood boil to intense levels. Is it possible to dislike Anderson even more? This would be it.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This deal is similar to the one that @aelliott posted. The "key element" that many national media people don't take into account that is in this proposed deal and the one aelliott posted (Felicio being the bad contract) is the Rockets "taking back a bad salary" as the cost of doing business. That opens things up a bit in moving Ryan Anderson. Teams aren't just absorbing "the full brunt" of his contract. It is mitigated by the loss of another big salary.

Anderson makes 20M next year. You move Asik's 11M and you only "up" the Bulls salary by 9M. 9M bump vs ALL of the 20M is quite a difference.

So, perhaps you could look at other scenarios like this as it relates to Sacramento, Atlanta, Brooklyn.

DonKnock likes this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Also, in this Reddit example, they have the Rockets losing Ariza. This is the type of scenario where 1) Rockets get LeBron and 2) Could face losing Ariza, where CP3 might take less to KEEP Ariza with the LeBron addition.

CP3 will get paid. But under "certain scenarios" I could see him adjusting his salary to accommodate things. Getting LeBron and keeping his friend Ariza is probably one.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LeBron, want a chance to change this? Want to stop getting trolled by Draymond?

Come to the Rockets.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Soon

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, this is the most ripped GM assistant material ever.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Tucker was the second most valuable player on the team during our playoff run. No way I'd be on board giving him up, he's absolutely perfect for the Rockets.

If we don't find a 3rd team to take on Ryno, consider me totally against bringing LeBron in. Ryno, Gordon, and Nene or bust for me.

The fall back plan for us should be re-signing Ariza to a cap-friendly deal, signing a back up vet center (Nene is done IMO), and signing a vet backup 3rd point guard who can knock down an open 3 and MDA will give actual playoff minutes to.

Brook Lopez and Corey Joseph might be about perfect... I'd even be willing to kick the tires on Brandan Wright again.

#117 forchette49, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    bilaal14 and mikol13 like this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Are you trying to get me to laugh at you by throwing this tantrum for no reason? I'm legitimately curious. You have to know that this spin you are putting on my words is not something that I'd take seriously.

19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

LeBron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tucker. I'd say we'd get over it.

everyday eddie likes this.
  20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I'm not discounting this may be his thinking...but all of this is still very doable if he were to join the Rockets. A bit more access if he lived in LA (but wouldn't most of these opportunities be in the off season anyway), but could still do if in Houston or afterwards. PLUS...LeBron is a LOT more marketable if he wins, say, the next 2 or 3 championships. Objectively, that adds more to his post NBA business career than merely being in LA for a few years.